g avenant
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I am working on a solitaire game about mountain climbing. The WIP title is Solitaire Mountain (I might run into copyright issues with Lonely Mountain

It currently consists of ~24 cards, and needs 5 tokens - 3 different types of coins will do fine for now. So it's easy to prototype and it takes about 5-10minutes to play.

I have uploaded the first draft of rules and very simple nanDECK designed cards:
Game Files (google drive)

I just need a pair of different eyes on the game - any suggestions and comments are welcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Typo?

Page 1: Says that if all three cards drawn are events, then play them all.

But there are only 2 event cards?

Clarification?

There is no explanation of what the 1-3 move card means? I assumes it means you can move 1 to 3 spaces, your choice.

Does that mean that a climber must move the other stated spaces?

But the rules say a climber must stop under certain conditions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
g avenant
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for picking that up, there were several more event cards earlier, but they got axed in a playtest.

Yes the 1-3 cards means it's the players choice, while the other cards are forced movements. If you cannot play something, then you forfeit the turn
and draw the next set of cards.

Hope that is clear, I'll update the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.