Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Beginner questions on bard songs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
garm lol
msg tools
Hey everyone,

I'm currently playing a bard healer and have two questions about it:

1. Does a song stay activated until the start of my next turn or until I decide to change the token to another song? So to activate the 1 heart-heal of song of mending, do I have to pay the 2 stamina each turn or just once?

2. If it stays activated, does that mean I can place both the harmony and melody token on the same card on consecutive turns, thus paying a total of 4 stamina to keep both effects of song of mending?

In the quests we did so far we played it as "activate it each turn for 2 fatigue", but the rule book sentence about the tokens being removed at the end of an encounter confused us a bit...

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
1. A song stays activated until you decide to change where the Melody/Harmony token is located. It's one of the great strengths of the Bard; as long as you don't switch skills, you pay once and it's active until the end of the encounter.

2. You may place both tokens on Song of Mending for 4 fatigue, and then at the end of that turn and all subsequent turns in the encounter (until you move the tokens), you will receive the effects of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
garm lol
msg tools
Wow, then the ability is actually a lot stronger then we thought; guess the heroes would have gotten the sun stone if we had known this before. Thanks!

edit: The 3xp ability cacophony activates the effects of a song for just one round, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda Kopet
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, since Cacophony would refresh at the beginning of your turn it's effects would only last one round. You would always have +1 to stamina though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco
United Kingdom
Loughborough
flag msg tools
Selling board games during Brussels Games Festival 2018: check my for trade items. :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Dexter345 wrote:
2. You may place both tokens on Song of Mending for 4 fatigue, and then at the end of that turn and all subsequent turns in the encounter (until you move the tokens), you will receive the effects of it.

So it is possible to place both the tokens on the card in the same turn. We were not sure about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.