Sarah Reed
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So we played Crisis coop for the first time last night and randomly handed out the Crisis heroes. One person got Batman, but we all puzzled over how his ability would ever be good. He lets a player discard their cards and draw again, but one less.

Has anyone played with Batman and found instances where that's useful?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason McCutcheon
United States
Westbrook
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's basically just always having a Batmobile available. I've always found Batmobile to be great in the early rounds when you have the vulnerabilities come up more often and to cycle through to the good cards faster, but it's usually the first card to go once I've trashed my starters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Patriss
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
he can be extremely useful. Especially if other people have had a bunch of weaknesses in their deck or if they get a hand which is mostly starter cards.

It helps you cycle through your deck a bit faster. Granted it's a bit situational and you have to talk it out a bit but it can be very useful.

You also have to remember that some/most crisis games can get a bit long and you will likely end up with some pretty big decks each after a while, so this will help you when one of the players you are playing with just do not have a good hand at all. It's basically assuming that you will draw a much better hand then you got rid of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Evans
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think his usefulness is when certain Crises flip up that can only be defeated by certain cards in your hand, or combos of cards. Being able to redraw your hand to combat those Crises is huge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wise
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cassiel33 wrote:
Being able to redraw your hand to combat those Crises is huge.

Or any of your partner's hands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Reed
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all for the feedback! That all makes a lot of sense so now it doesn't seem so useless. Just very situational.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Townend
msg tools
I hadn't acctualy thought about this till now but if there are say 4 of you and 3 have the right cards in your hand to complete a crisis then this ability is great to give a second chance for the remaining player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin DeOlden
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
badge
3D board game prints: www.3dhubs.com/service/3dgaming
mbmbmbmbmb
I have found Crisis Batman to be the least useful in Crisis mode but a great card in PVP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Goertz
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
NA NA NA NA . . .
mbmbmbmbmb
We banned Crisis Batman and Crisis Cyborg from competitive play since it is so easy to F-up someones turn/deck compared to most other Oversized heroes that give you a benefit directly (even FE oversized villains don"t mess with other people on your turn).

I would also be concerned with Crisis Aquaman playing Forever Evil due to his ability to give Weakness to other players that he gains from the Bizzarro Power card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Reed
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems like many of the character shouldn't be played with other sets...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.