Subject: Body Size more than six ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chuck Mitchell

Peoria
Illinois
msg tools
mb
For purposes of attacking and defending vis-a-vis carnivores, are we supposed to be calculating numbers higher than six? Or stopping at six no matter what?

It's not that hard to use hard shell and a few card plays to kick your "effective body size" up to, for example, 7.

In that situation, does the carnivore need to have body size 8 to eat your animal?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Sixer
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the rules state that if you have a card the impacts body size, it is added to your current size on the species board. So, if you are at 6 and you have hard shell, effectively you are at 9 and even a carnivore with Pack Hunting can't touch you. Unless they have intelligence and negate your Hardshell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Mitchell

Peoria
Illinois
msg tools
mb
Thanks. One of my friends doesn't like that rule. Too bad for him!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wolfkin
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bigsixer wrote:
Yes, the rules state that if you have a card the impacts body size, it is added to your current size on the species board. So, if you are at 6 and you have hard shell, effectively you are at 9 and even a carnivore with Pack Hunting can't touch you. Unless they have intelligence and negate your Hardshell.

bah. this was my only hope in that we were playing it wrong but nope massive predator was massive. Cheers for the solution for me as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Jones
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find it strange that in my version, which I picked up recently, the pack hunting says you add pop to body size when determining body size. This would give the total effective carnivore size 12. Is there something strange about my copy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wardell
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
May 25
badge
I think you ought to know I'm feeling very depressed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Fusion89k wrote:
I find it strange that in my version, which I picked up recently, the pack hunting says you add pop to body size when determining body size. This would give the total effective carnivore size 12. Is there something strange about my copy?

This thread predates the second printing. In the first printing, Pack Hunting and Hard Shell both added 3 to body size. In the second printing, Pack Hunting adds population to body size instead of a static 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Until you have a Pack Hunting, Intelligent, Carnivore!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.