Arkham Horror» Forums » General

Subject: Walk Me Through What I'm Missing With Strange Eons rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Mc Cabe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why . . . I dream of things that never were and ask why not
mbmbmbmbmb
I downloaded "How to Add New Entries" so I could read while doing.

1. Start by finding the right guide page (or page section) for your content.

2. Click the Edit This Page button. (Bold in instructional text).

There are others, but I don't get past this point.

3. In the editor, scroll down to the right section and add your entry. Keep the entries in alphabetical order. This option does not exist on the page I reach. (See below).

When I open the program, it opens on the "Choose a Kind of Component" page.
I choose "Deck of Cards," the three choices being "Deck of Cards /Gameboards," and Tokens, Markers, Resources and "Everything".

I choose Deck of Cards/Gameboards. It then opens the page that allows for the selection of paper size, including the "Add Components" option.

There is nowhere on this page an Edit This Page button. The Choose a Kind of Component page gives this as its only option.

I have clicked on Edit, next to the File button, but that has nothing to do with editing the program or adding components.

Thanks for all the help and advice.

Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soak man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can try to help, but I only have a mild proficiency.

But before I can help, can you identify exactly what you are trying to do?

Are you trying to make a new character? Are you trying to get a page ready to print? "How to add new entries" is very vague.. I am not sure what you are trying to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mc Cabe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why . . . I dream of things that never were and ask why not
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trying to make a couple of personal story cards. Getting over to the tokens section is a breeze. The Card Deck/Board Game option is a different story.

It just doesn't go to a screen that allows me to progress in the fashion described by the manual.

Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soak man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
apatheticexecutioner wrote:
I'm trying to make a couple of personal story cards. Getting over to the tokens section is a breeze. The Card Deck/Board Game option is a different story.

It just doesn't go to a screen that allows me to progress in the fashion described by the manual.

Brian

If you have Strange Eons 3, (based on the version I'm using) all you have to do to make a personal story is select "Characters, Henchmen, & Allies" from the first selection menu, and then on the right side of the menu select Personal Story. When you are done, SAVE it and make sure it is a .eon file! (Not a jpg etc)

Once you have the story made and would like to print it via the "Create Deck of Cards" option:
1. From the main page, select "Card Deck and Game Boards" --> Deck of Cards.
2. Select and Delete the "Editor" text box that is on the checkered white backdrop.
3. Click "Add Components" on the left hand side and choose a Personal Story card image that you have created. This file needs to be a .eon file or it will not show up in the list to be selected as a component.
4. Drag onto the white checkered space for printing placement.
5. Continue to add components until you have enough to fill the page you are trying to print.

If yours doesn't look this way, you may need to find and add a plug-in to enable some of the options. But I'm not 100% where to find those. I have installed a few, but I think the base Strange Eons 3 should look like what I've described above.

Sorry it's taken so long to offer aid, but I don't have access to the program while at work.

Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mc Cabe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, soakman. I'm going to try this again. Where I get hung up is I have never seen a page that says "Characters, Henchmen and Allies." When it opens, it goes straight to the create box, which gives me l) Deck of Cards/Game Boards or 2) Tokens, etc or 3) Everything.

I'm going to Google "Characters, etc." and see what that does.

Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mc Cabe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I googled "Strange Eons First Selection Menu" and clicked on an install instruction by someone who developed a plug-in, which I have not been installing. I have been installing a plug-in, but either not the right one or doing it improperly, since I wasn't getting the options you mention.

I'll see how that works out.

Thanks for the help.

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mc Cabe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're awesome. Put together two Personal Story cards for investigators created by other users that I've implemented into my games.

Wonders will never cease, but I actually figured out how to center the picture on the card, since my first effort was off kilter.

Thanks again.

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.