Andrzej Fiett
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule is clear:
Scenario Book, page 18 wrote:
determine the overall outcome on Scenario Two’s Debriefing Chart.

But (and this is obvious too):
Scenario Book, page 18 wrote:
Resolve Morning Reconnaissance at the end of the game, not after each scenario.

And now: I hope I breached the Möhne Dam - I accumulated 6 damage points. So on to the Eder Dam! But what if the Morning Reconnaissance will show that Möhne was only damaged (one '1' on K6, no '6')? As we know:
Rule Book, page 18 wrote:
when reading Scenario 2’s chart, the outcomes assume that the Möhne Dam was already breached.

Regardless Eder Dam was breached or not, some outcomes on Scenario Two’s Debriefing Chart are pointless now. For example:
Scenario Book, page 8 wrote:
Tomorrow The Illustrated London News will read: “A titanic blow at Germany, the RAF smashes Europe’s mightiest dams.”

or
Scenario Book, page 8 wrote:
Air Chief Marshal Harris had been skeptical of the bouncing mine from the start, but if it worked at Möhne, what went wrong here? Was Möhne a fluke?

So how to determine the overall outcome of combined scenarios 1 & 2?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy (Jerry) White
msg tools
designer
Hi Andy,

I gotta say, when you ask a question, you present it in a wonderfully organized and thorough manner. Nicely done.

Okay, what to do? You raise a great point that’s not explicitly covered in the instructions on page 18 of the Scenario Book. What if Eder is breached but Morning Recon informs you that Mohne is not?

Use the debriefing chart for Scenario 7, on page 25 of the Scenario Book, but switch the dams. That is, where the debriefing chart reads “Mohne”, replace it with Eder, and vice versa.

Thus, let’s say you breach Mohne and then breach Eder. Wonderful. Job well done. Resolve RTB and then Morning Recon – but the Spitfires return and the photographs clearly show that Mohne was badly damaged but not breached. Flip to page 25 of the Scenario Book, and use the “Mohne breached” column (substituting for Eder), and then use the “Eder not breached column” (substituting for Mohne). Find your outcome.

Or, you could be a hard-arse and use that debriefing chart without switching dams. After all, Mohne was the primary target. If it is not breached, it’s hard to say the mission was a success. In that case, use the “Mohne not breached” column at the bottom of the page. Sure, you receive congratulations from 5 Group for cracking open a dam (the telegram from Grantham is a nice read), but the Ministry of Aircraft Production wants to know why you left the Mohne prematurely.

In other words Andy, take this as your cue to improvise a narrative. What happened?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Fiett
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As always: thank you very much, Jerry! For the kind words too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.