Matthew Knutson
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Is determining the number of hits you take a roll that your hero makes and thus rerollable by the use of grit? Take for example the growing dread card that causes every hero to take D6 corruption hits with no willpower saves, can this be rerolled? It seems too similar to an enemy's to hit roll which is not ruled by your hero and thus not refillable.

What about using grit to reroll when rolling to determine the value of what you are selling (dark stone, specimen jar, etc.) or that which you are purchasing (exorcism price, surgery price, etc) or even rerolling what the bounty is at the outpost? Refilling the bounty is stretching it I think probably.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin O'Mara
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) You most definitely cannot re-roll things like that which happen to your hero.

2) It has been discussed elsewhere, but supposedly you can use grit to re-roll a whole host of town activities, including (but not limited to): surgery/exorcism result, dark stone sale, gambling, etc.

I'd think it wouldn't include the bounty, but you could argue that your hero convinces someone local to change the bounty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Death Jester
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don't know about you peeps but I like to play my games realistically. If Grit is your toughness, your resolve and your ability to put in that little bit extra - it certainly shouldn't be used to reroll events or an enemy's roll/attack. In the end its your game but I like to have a little logic, it makes things more relatable and fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DeathJester23 wrote:
I don't know about you peeps but I like to play my games realistically. If Grit is your toughness, your resolve and your ability to put in that little bit extra - it certainly shouldn't be used to reroll events or an enemy's roll/attack. In the end its your game but I like to have a little logic, it makes things more relatable and fun.

Well, I don't think there is any question that you CAN'T use it to reroll monster attacks. But the playtesters have said you CAN use it for town events.

I agree with you though -- thematically, I don't see how Grit helps you with a town event or travel hazard. I personally don't reroll those ever. Using grit to deal with the random event makes sense, but not using it to cancel the event entirely and get a different one. Just doesn't fit the concept, for me.

I don't use grit on any chart except Surgery, because it's kind of essential there.

Unrelated to this: based on my games this weekend, I'm leaning towards never using Grit ever. I swear every single time I used it, I ended up getting the same roll! angry My kids were even telling me to stop wasting my grit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.