Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Mann
United States
Corpus Christi
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Checked the forum and didn't see this asked. Both the rules & summary from the files section say to move the car back "as many section[s] as listed on the board." I assumed this was the number in the turn box. However, the example on page 13 purports to be turn 8, yet Carl's car only moves back 6 spaces.

Turn 8 says "14/16." What am I missing here? Since I'm asking, is there some reason it would take longer to make a pit stop later in the race?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the rulebook to see the exact examples but X means the number that is displayed on the track board, it is different from track to track...

the second example must be because in the advance game where you can extend your pit stop to put more gas for example causing your next pit to be later in the game or maybe even cause you to not have to stop again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Mann
United States
Corpus Christi
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just saw my mistake. Everyone's stop takes 6 sections?

So what are the numbers in the turn boxes for? It's not explained anywhere in the key or in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The first set of numbers listed are the actual laps being raced/represented by the game turn being played (and shown by the number in the little triangle).

The pit stop "setback" (which represents the average time taken for a normal pit stop) is found in the list of data for the track being played (6 for Monza).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The numbers in the Turn boxes is just to show the IRL laps.
Pitstop at Monza = 6 spaces backward
Pitstop at Hungaroring = 8 spaces backward

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
?Can a unit that Pits (and gets moved back to a corner section with another car) challenge (contest)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
?Can a unit that Pits (and gets moved back to a corner section with another car) challenge (contest)?

yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.