Popular Tags: [View All]
John Biggs
United States
Maryland Heights
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi friends,

The rule book says in the glossary "Discard: cards can be discarded from player's hand, from the deck, or from being revealed, but not from play." Haka's one shot 'haka of battle' says to increase the power of your next attack by one for each card you discard. So can you basically discard all the cards in your deck and boost your next attack by 30 or 20 or however many cards you have in your deck + hand, if you discard them all? We decided just to play as if it said you can discard from hand, as it made for a more reasonable damage boost (9 total damage in this case) but I wanted to know for next time.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It just means from your hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Warhammer: Diskwars
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. Discard from deck is just when specifically instructed to do so. IIRC, there is at least one environment card that requests that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Biggs
United States
Maryland Heights
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you! So the glossary definition is just to clarify that in certain cases you are going to be discarding from deck, but the context of every relevant card (draw cards them discard, or whatever) signifies in each case where the cards are discarded from. Makes sense to me! Thanks again
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Enden
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnTravels1 wrote:
Thank you! So the glossary definition is just to clarify that in certain cases you are going to be discarding from deck, but the context of every relevant card (draw cards them discard, or whatever) signifies in each case where the cards are discarded from. Makes sense to me! Thanks again

Yes, "discard" just means to put a card from your hand into the trash. If the object is to move a card from somewhere else to the trash, you will be instructed to discard from the place the card is supposed to come from.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.