Popular Tags: [View All]
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got the game and, in my second turn, encountered the event "Dilithium Transport Vehicle." I know there are several other cards of this type.

My question: since the Energy score is currently 1, I would be better off ignoring the event and just moving away, taking the -3 which would only bring me down one space. However, what happens to the card then?

My gamer's instincts tell me that it gets discarded, but I can't see this anywhere in the rulebook and the only mention I see of it in the rules forums is here: Lose points if you leave a location. In contrast, the rules state several times ("Success or Failure" on page 16 and "Event Cards" on page 21) that these cards normally remain on the board until successfully completed.

Can I get confirmation, preferably with a reference to an official source, that the card gets discarded if I leave the location before completing it? Are there any other circumstances, other than successfully completing a challenge, when a challenge card would be discarded?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My instinct would be that the card would remain until successfully resolved. That would make it consistent with the other cards, and with the rules as written. If nothing says to remove the card, then there is no reason to remove the card.

Sorry I don't have anything official. You might post a reply to that other thread in case someone who subscribed to it might have better information now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.