Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Remy Gibson
United States
flag msg tools
http://boardgametop10s.com/audio/bg10.xml
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the BGG Star Realms League. This thread is for the fourth season of play, Bronze Tier, Fighter Division.

The duration of the league is 9 rounds.

Each player will play each other player once.

When match-ups are posted, either player can send the challenge.

Each round will be played discretely. That is to say, all of the games from a round (within a division) will be finalized before moving on to the next round. However, 72 hours after a round begins (rounded to the next morning, CST), I will start the next round, even if all players have not finished the current round. (For example, in the case of the second round, I will begin it on Thursday morning if it hasn't finished naturally.)

Please play at a good pace. I don't have a good system for penalizing slow play, so everybody will be on the honor system.

Standings will be determined by record of wins and losses. Points scored will also be tracked. Though they will not have any bearing on the standings, they may be used for seeding in assigning promoted and relegated players to different divisions or in certain unlikely playoff scenarios. The columns you will see in the standings are: W (wins), L (losses), Pct (percentage of games played that are wins), PS (cumulative points scored), PA (cumulative points allowed), Dif (points differential -- the difference between points scored and points allowed).

Either the winner or the loser of a match may post the final score here. Screenshots are not necessary. Please include negative numbers. (This score can be found in the lobby, with the loser's score typically being a negative number.)

If at some point during the season you anticipate being unavailable for more than a day or two, please notify me as far in advance as you can. I am more than willing to double up games so as not to delay the whole division.

In the event that a player unexpectedly stops responding to invitations or games being played and it becomes apparent to me that the player has abandoned the game, that player will either be, a) replaced, if the season is relatively early on, or, b) removed, if it is later in the season. In the event of option (b), all of a player's games will be vacated, including games already played.

Please check in at regular intervals to BGG -- daily, if possible. It would also be good to subscribe to this thread.

At the end of the season, the top 2 players in the lower tiers will be promoted to the next higher tier for the subsequent season. The bottom 3 or 4 players in the higher tiers will be relegated to the next lower tier. (This will be 4 players in the Platinum Tier and 3 players in the Gold and Silver Tiers.) If there is a tie for first place or a relegation spot, the players will have a playoff to determine the winner.

Following is a list of the players in the Bronze Tier, Fighter Division in this format: Star Realms username (BGG username).

rafial (rafial)
punkin (punkin312)
VacaBCK (Vacabck)
ohgeetee (ohgeetee)
brettspiel (Phuntom)
nearlygod (nearlygod)
Mechaniac (Mechaniac)
benjotron (benjotron)
FlyingArrow (FlyingArrow)
realtebo (realtebo)

Note: We are still waiting on Season 3, Division 9 to finish their last playoff game. The winner of that game will advance to this division. Today, hopefully.

Pairings for round 1:
rafial v. FlyingArrow
punkin v. benjotron
VacaBCK v. Mechaniac
ohgeetee v. nearlygod
realtebo v. brettspiel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steph Hodge
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Well, it's no Ginkgopolis...
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck all!! Challenged Benjotron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Challenged rafial.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike M

Chicago
Illinois
msg tools
Popping in to say good luck to nearlygod and Mechaniac, fellow season 3 division 10 competitors.

Have fun everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remy Gibson
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've made an executive decision and promoted brettspiel into this division. His first-round game is against realtebo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilhelm Fitzpatrick
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
rafial defeats FlyingArrow, 22 : -10
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
good game, rafial.

Aweberman wrote:

Standings will be determined by record of wins and losses. Points scored will also be tracked. Though they will not have any bearing on the standings, they may be used for seeding in assigning promoted and relegated players to different divisions or in certain unlikely playoff scenarios. The columns you will see in the standings are: W (wins), L (losses), Pct (percentage of games played that are wins), PS (cumulative points scored), PA (cumulative points allowed), Dif (points differential -- the difference between points scored and points allowed).

I just noticed this part. I just wanted to confirm that points scored are not a tiebreaker for promotion/relegation, and only used to determine where you are promoted to and used for seeding in potential tiebreaker matches. Is that right?

In my first game, I played to increase my (unlikely) chance at a win instead of playing to improve the point differential in an almost-certain loss.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steph Hodge
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Punkin beats Benjotron 29 to -7

Gg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Gartner
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Good game Punkin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mirko tebaldi
Italy
flag msg tools
Challenged brettspiel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Koenig
Germany
Fuerth
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
Tom is crazy!
mbmbmbmbmb
VacaBCK challenged!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remy Gibson
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FlyingArrow wrote:
good game, rafial.

Aweberman wrote:

I just noticed this part. I just wanted to confirm that points scored are not a tiebreaker for promotion/relegation, and only used to determine where you are promoted to and used for seeding in potential tiebreaker matches. Is that right?

In my first game, I played to increase my (unlikely) chance at a win instead of playing to improve the point differential in an almost-certain loss.

You are correct, and you played it correctly. The point differential is more of a stats-gathering thing and will only be used in the ways enumerated in the rules (seeding and playoffs).

If you're interested, the unlikely playoff scenarios include three players tying for one playoff spot. In that situation, they will play each other; then, if they tie in that first round of playoffs, they will play each other again. If they tie a second time, only then will point differential be used as a tiebreaker, and even then it will only include the two rounds of the playoffs. (This hasn't happened yet in the three seasons of the league.)

Playing for the win is always the best move.

The bit about using points differential for seeding is new for this season, but even then won't make any substantial difference, as the players involved will all be promoted or relegated, so the points will just be used for spreading them evenly across the divisions of a tier.

Thanks for the question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Koenig
Germany
Fuerth
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
Tom is crazy!
mbmbmbmbmb
VacaBCK defeats Mechaniac 1 to 0. Grumblegrumble,mumble.. Usually I no wimp and don't concede but this one .. I needed that stupid Brainworld, wouldn't come out (also I misplayed it before, i forgot that Hive lets me draw one, I reshuffled deck too soon by accident (and some more whining;-). GG VacaBCK !!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Kempf
United States
Jefferson City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, GG! Those bases surviving the second to last round and then me adding 2 or 3 more on top of them made it pretty difficult to get through, but I still was worried, I've had more than my fair share of 35 point attacks hit me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mirko tebaldi
Italy
flag msg tools
@brettspiel: i'm online all day today, please, come to finish our battle

Yesterday I was not online, sorry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hamilton
United States
Canton
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ohgeetee defeats nearlygod 34 to -9. Good game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remy Gibson
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pairings for round 2:
rafial v. benjotron
punkin v. Mechaniac
VacaBCK v. nearlygod
ohgeetee v. realtebo
brettspiel v. FlyingArrow

Standings for round 1 will be posted following the conclusion of the final match (brettspiel v. realtebo).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steph Hodge
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
challenged mechaniac!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Kempf
United States
Jefferson City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Challenge sent to nearlygod

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Kempf
United States
Jefferson City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vacabck def nearlygod 61 -5

I got lucky off the start getting those bases out early just giving me coins each round. Good game!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hamilton
United States
Canton
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vacabck wrote:
Vacabck def nearlygod 61 -5

I got lucky off the start getting those bases out early just giving me coins each round. Good game!!

Good game. I had nothing in that game. After the 3rd turn, I knew it was a lost cause and you were in complete control.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilhelm Fitzpatrick
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Benjotron challenged!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mirko tebaldi
Italy
flag msg tools
Realtebo 33 - brettspiel 0

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Gartner
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Challenge declined!.....whoops

Challenged rafial.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Challenged brettspiel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.