Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Grzegorz Bialecki
Poland
Bialystok
podlaskie
flag msg tools
Hello,

I've decided to buy a game on the geekmarket. The seller accepted the trade, but said that the item is out of stock and that if I want to reserve the item I should pay now. Seems fishy, doesn't it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Edwards
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it seems fishy to me as well. I'd check their seller rating. If it's high enough, then I'd probably go ahead and trust them (assuming it's a game that you really want and are willing to wait for).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fishy indeed. However, if you pay by Paypal you might get some protection. Having said that, to accept the deal and then say 'out of stock' is really very bad form, and I'd be concerned. If they are an active seller on here with a 100% feedback and a good presence (ie active in posting, with patron badges etc) they might be a safe bet.

Personally I'd send them a message along the lines of 'please let me know when it's back in stock and I'll look at buying it then'. In the meantime see if you can get it somewhere else.

If they have no feedback or any neutral or negative feedback - given this "accept but OOS" nonsense - walk away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to BGG Help and How-To.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.