Nothing Sacred Games
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
I'm getting a few advanced copies of my upcoming game Shadow Throne soon, and I'd like to share them with reviewers. The game is a drafting, hand management game of Machiavellian intrigue.

Which reviewers do you think I should offer an advanced copy to? I'm looking for reviewers who have a moderate to large audience and who would enjoy the theme and mechanics.

Thanks for your advice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Belli
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps your search can begin here, with this list of the most prolific BGG reviewers:

http://boardgamegeek.com/geekaccount.php?action=browse&sort=...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Video Reviewers, if it plays 2+, not much "Take That!" then I'd say Rahdo Runs Through, who has done videos for over 300 games, most over an hour of play time.

edit: doesn't play with 2, not even a variant?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nothing Sacred Games
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
I have tested a bit with two player variants, but they miss out on so much of what makes the game fun that I don't include an official two player variant.

Even with the 3-5 player range, I will probably reach out to Rahdo to see if he's interested. Thanks for the suggestion!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Tanner
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
BryceCon Game Convention Jan 15-18 in Southern Utah www.brycecon.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I would look through the reviewers, watch what they do, and find one who is favorable to the type of game you've designed. A reviewer who simply doesn't like the type of game you have may not grasp all the intricacies of the gameplay. I wouldn't send Spaceballs to be reviewed by a guy who only reviews tearjerking dramas.

Also look at the enthusiasm and detail level of the person who does the review, whether they're going to grab the audience's attention well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.