Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Chisholm
United States
Cresson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When placing Martian reinforcements in the solitaire game, if the "first clear hex" is a prohibited hex (i.e., a tan city hex), does the Martian lander first turn the hex to rubble?

Regards,

Scott Chisholm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Sun Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules don't state that landers create rubble hexes when they land, only attacks do. So I place them in the first green, blue, or already rubbled map edge hex clockwise from the entry point. I also play as per the 2 player rules that if there is no legal entry hex for the reinforcement it is lost, though I've yet to have that happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Chisholm
United States
Cresson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the insight. That makes the "clockwise" rule a little more meaningful.

Regards,

Scott Chisholm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Allard
United States
Dover
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mb
It makes little sense to have a numbered entry hex for the solitaire game in which you then move the incoming lander clockwise 6 hexes. That turns the 6 entry hexes to only 5 entry points.

I place the incoming lander in the proper numbered hex and then, on the following turn after activation, have it attack the hex it is in and turn it to rubble.

But I'm probably doing it wrong. Just makes sense to me.

I'm actually surprised there isn't a FAQ/Errata for this game. I have many questions.

JimA
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carel Teijgeler
Netherlands
Vlaardingen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played this game solitaire today and I agree with this:

JimA759 wrote:
It makes little sense to have a numbered entry hex for the solitaire game in which you then move the incoming lander clockwise 6 hexes. That turns the 6 entry hexes to only 5 entry points.

I place the incoming lander in the proper numbered hex and then, on the following turn after activation, have it attack the hex it is in and turn it to rubble.

Only I played it different:
When I placed the incoming lander on a hex where Martians are not allowed to move into, I first place a Rubble marker. (I think this complies to the rules more).
In the next round it gets activated, can attack the adjacent hex (Rubble marker), and move into that hex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Allard
United States
Dover
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mb
I agree - and actually did that in later plays. That makes even more sense.

JimA

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nevin Ball
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just started my first play and this rule issue stumped me. Carel's solution makes the most sense to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.