Hide
8 Posts

Tiny Epic Kingdoms» Forums » Rules

Subject: Satyrs Magic Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Turner
msg tools
One of the Satyrs magic upgrades allows them to steal resources from another player instead of trading.

I do not have the specific text with me, but my group was curious if the ability allows them to steal a single unit of a resource or as many units of one resource type. Any ideas BGG?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rainer Ahlfors
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Click to see this devourer's page.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Goisles26 wrote:
One of the Satyrs magic upgrades allows them to steal resources from another player instead of trading.

I do not have the specific text with me, but my group was curious if the ability allows them to steal a single unit of a resource or as many units of one resource type. Any ideas BGG?

You can steal a quantity of one chosen from any one resource type that the player has.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Turner
msg tools
So only one unit, thanks Rainer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.GamelynGames.com
badge
www.GamelynGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Goisles26 wrote:
So only one unit, thanks Rainer.

Correct
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Baume
Australia
Lismore
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A related question:

Can you choose the "Trade" action and then use the Satyr's ability to instead steal a resource from another player or does the rule "The player who selected the action must take that action, or do nothing." disallow this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Almes
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
sapper_D wrote:
A related question:

Can you choose the "Trade" action and then use the Satyr's ability to instead steal a resource from another player or does the rule "The player who selected the action must take that action, or do nothing." disallow this?

You can choose Trade, and then steal a resource.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sapper_D wrote:
A related question:

I would interpret the Satyrs' magic as changing what the Trade action is for that player rather than letting them do something other than Trade - so you Trade(steal a resource) rather than Trade(convert Mana into Ore).

My (strictly unofficial) ruling would be that you can do the resource steal on your own Trade action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Baume
Australia
Lismore
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies Scott and Robert thumbsup - we played it correctly then but just wanted to make sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.