Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Madison
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
People interested in this game might find this informative.

I am currently (late 2014) working on a global-level World War II game and I was fascinated by the two games in the Liddell Hart series when they came out in the 1980's. About five years ago (ca. 2009) I was able to contact Mr. Nick Schuessler, designer of the Liddell Hart series, to ask if he had any unpublished materials from further planned expansions (North Africa, the Pacific, and so on). Unfortunately, Mr. Schuessler informed me that he did not, and that nothing survives of the work he did on the game beyond what was published.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike D
Thailand
Bangkok
Please choose a state
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's sad to hear, from Nexus magazine I'd got the impression that North Africa was near done, and only cut due to poor sales. For HSWW I'd only add that I did come to appreciate some of the design thinking behind the series and have tried to give it some justice on it's BGG page here some years back. It was your grognards review, Ben, led me to give it a long look.

Looking forward to your new design, will we see any tiny influence from HSWW in there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Juneau
msg tools
Thank you for looking into that. I found your review of the game too on grognards and it made me laugh! I still like this game and wanted to play it. The Eastern Front module works okay, but the air rules gave me a headache.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Gillham
United Kingdom
60 Great Tower Street
London
flag msg tools
Hi Robert

Did you ever manage to get that global WWII game you were working on moving? Just curious - and I am a sucker for such games!

Cheers,
Marc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Madison
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
mgillham wrote:
Hi Robert

Did you ever manage to get that global WWII game you were working on moving? Just curious - and I am a sucker for such games!

Cheers,
Marc.

Marc,

Yes indeed, Absolute Victory is in the hands of the publishers (Compass Games) and is available for pre-order. Thanks for asking, and enjoy the game -- "History of the Second World War" was one of the biggest inspirations behind "Absolute Victory".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.