Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious. The poll doesn't recommend this game for 2 with 100% agreement (though only three have ranked the game). This is a first on the geek for a game that actually claims to support such a player count.

Can somebody elaborate on what falls flat?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anarchosyn wrote:
Just curious. The poll doesn't recommend this game for 2 with 100% agreement (though only three have ranked the game). This is a first on the geek for a game that actually claims to support such a player count.

I am not sure. I just played two games 2 player yesterday and thought it played very well. Also plays well solo. The game is co op so the more players the better ( with the right people of course).

I have not played a bad game of this. Buy it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jack
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I also played a two player game yesterday and loved it (even though the jump core breached and the Janitor and Counselor went down with the ship). I've also heard it can work with each person controlling two characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Smith
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
Anarchosyn wrote:

We play tested it many times as a 2 player game when designing it. It works great for that. In fact, there are even special rules built into the game to balance it for a 2 player variant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Breckenridge
United States
Richmond
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had an enjoyable experience playing four characters solo, so it would probably be at least as fun for two players to play two characters each if the two-character game seemed to be missing something. Just make sure you draw an alert after every character, not every player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fenton
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I second the 2x2 game, or even 2x3. Also don't forget to use Anomolies (which don't normally affect 2 characters but would affect 4 characters played by 2).

With just two characters, the game can be pretty brutal (especially if you don't have someone with engineering skill).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.