Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Gillmeister
Canada
Abbotsford
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey I am just wondering about whether the kickstarter is still expected for November. I have money ready to give away to this project! ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luc VC
Belgium
Brugge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gmeista wrote:
Hey I am just wondering about whether the kickstarter is still expected for November. I have money ready to give away to this project! ninja

+1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael S
United States
Boulder
Colorado
flag msg tools
"In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit..."
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed! I am ready to back this one fore sure
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael S
United States
Boulder
Colorado
flag msg tools
"In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit..."
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also my birthday is in November sooo...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gmeista wrote:

My apologies, but we have to delay the Kickstarter campaign until February. The initial plan was to finish up our other campaign for Forged in Steel and Mill City earlier this year. We had a few set backs, delays and eventually had to cancel the campaign. For reference, that campaign can be found here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/knightworks/forged-in-s...

We are relaunching a campaign for Forged in Steel in about a week. Regardless, of that campaigns outcome we will launch Hands in the Sea in February. However, a successful Forged in Steel campaign will mean a lower cost for Hands in the Sea as I can combine manufacturing for the two!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angus Lee
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the update, Don! Look forward to kickstarting it in Feb. 2015
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Valerio
Portugal
Aveiro
flag msg tools
www.rededejogos.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
anguslee wrote:

yes and make EU friendly please whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oblivion wrote:
anguslee wrote:

yes and make EU friendly please whistle

Yes, we will be offering EU friendly shipping as well as discounted bundled options. In fact, I would like to talk about that. I will create a new post for bundled international shipping feedback.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Jackson

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just an observation. I really do not understand why anyone would start a Kickstarter project this time of the year in the US. Thanksgiving and Christmas deplete disposal income in US beginning in November and lasting through December.

I think most disposable income in US, beginning in November, is spent on travel, parties, and gifts that can be received on Christmas. February/March/April in US makes much better business sense. Income tax returns, for those who will receive a return, begin to arrive as soon as February, giving extra disposal income to US consumers.

Where I live, not many people will be spending extra cash from December 24th through the beginning of March.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
Falcon2 wrote:
Just an observation. I really do not understand why anyone would start a Kickstarter project this time of the year in the US. Thanksgiving and Christmas deplete disposal income in US beginning in November and lasting through December.

I think most disposable income in US, beginning in November, is spent on travel, parties, and gifts that can be received on Christmas. February/March/April in US makes much better business sense. Income tax returns, for those who will receive a return, begin to arrive as soon as February, giving extra disposal income to US consumers.

Where I live, not many people will be spending extra cash from December 24th through the beginning of March.

Though kickstarters like boardgames kinda are the king of disposable income dumps for people who have too much of it to begin with.

Really SOME number of projects should work. But I wouldn't be surprised if your rightness was known by project creators and the numbers of projects created bears that out.

Also, the biggest game fair in the world is in october. So it might be unavoidable for the companies making contacts there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Jackson

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Also, the biggest game fair in the world is in october. So it might be unavoidable for the companies making contacts there!

I agree, but; I think that it is important that the "product" is available and can be "opened" on Christmas day. In order for the company to get consumers to spend the holiday funds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martyn Smith
England
Bourne
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
"We don't see things as they are, but as we are." Anais Nin
mbmbmbmbmb
I am ready to support this - that's my Christmas present for next year right there!

I wish you GREAT success for this fascinating-looking game on Kick-Starter in February
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.