Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Chasteen
United States
Yorktown
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Recently, I've been churning out solo games before bed. I play with the curses and treasures with the exit shuffled 5 from the bottom. I've gotten used to beating it with the suggested 7 gems.

I like the idea of upping the difficulty, but I want to do it without pilling on more gems. Which expansion offers the most fun and challenge for the 1 player experience??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TBH I would not recommend this game as a solo game. This game was designed with 3+ players in mind and then they somehow modified the game to work solo, but it is clearly not the main purpose.

Now, if you want to continue and play this as solo....then Quests adds a nice twist to the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Krajewski
United States
Fitchburg
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quests is the best one so far. There are a selection of quest tiles that you shuffle into the deck. You can choose to add 1-3 quests depending on how hard you want it to be. Before you escape, you must find and complete the quest(s). It's quite fun and adds a bit more theme.

The illusions also comes with a quest tile as well, but the Quests expansion comes with a bunch of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Amundsen Østby
Norway
Langhus
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, "Escape: Quest" is the best expansion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Hatherley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
I've played a lot solo - I really enjoy it.

I've used both Illusions and Quests. I wouldn't say one was better than the other, but I wouldn't get them both at the same time.

I do use these setup rules, however: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/933050/official-escape-s...

steve
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bell
United States
Osceola Mills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Scythe!
badge
Life is not a game - games are life.
mbmbmbmbmb
This game plays great solo - don't let anyone fool you into thinking something different. cool

I agree that Quests is the better expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.