Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Pinchuk
Canada
Dollard-des-Ormeaux
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stupid question but it's not stated anywhere. Do you just combine all the cards from the base set and expansion? Or is this expansion supposed to tell a different story and be played alone?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Braun
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The instructions explain how to combine the cards with the base game. I won't post the full information until VPG chooses to release the instructions, but basically, 1) you cannot use them with the tutorial (and you wouldn't want to!), 2) you can combine them with the classic version and campaign scenarios, and 3) they provide the neat card-flowchart for each of the campaign scenarios incorporating which cards are mandatory and which are randomized.

The expansion doesn't tell a different story; it's similar to the small set expansions for Arkham Horror -- it gets combined with the base game because it is not a stand-alone game -- adding in a few additional rules, counters and cards (2 extra heroes, extra civilians, extra Super Zeds, and about 25 each Event and Fate cards).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Pinchuk
Canada
Dollard-des-Ormeaux
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dalembraun wrote:
The instructions explain how to combine the cards with the base game. I won't post the full information until VPG chooses to release the instructions, but basically, 1) you cannot use them with the tutorial (and you wouldn't want to!), 2) you can combine them with the classic version and campaign scenarios, and 3) they provide the neat card-flowchart for each of the campaign scenarios incorporating which cards are mandatory and which are randomized.

The expansion doesn't tell a different story; it's similar to the small set expansions for Arkham Horror -- it gets combined with the base game because it is not a stand-alone game -- adding in a few additional rules, counters and cards (2 extra heroes, extra civilians, extra Super Zeds, and about 25 each Event and Fate cards).

They've released the rules already. The funny thing is that they've given you just as many Fate cards as in the base game, which suggests that maybe you could just play with the new deck (new storyline).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin S
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trying to set the expansion up today and noticed I'm missing Fate Card "XX" with only 24 included in the expansion. Messaged VPG about it as suggested on the Expansion card.

But I'm confused over setup. So you don't simply add the cards to existing decks but play as a stand alone?

Also I can't get my decks to tally. Expansion says Classic Nightmare setup is:
41 Fate Cards = I have 38
69 Event Cards = I have 61

I have seperated out the red footprint cards as instructed.

Anyone else confused or is it me - haven't played the base game for a while and had to re-read rules for a refresh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.