Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
26 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Funemployed» Forums » News

Subject: Funemployed Second Edition Kickstarter is live through December 18th rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Daviau
United States
Unspecified
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I fell in love with this game when I saw it and played it. Luckily for me, I own a game company and got the rights when the game went out of print.

Our Kickstarter for the second edition is now live at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2125111845/funemployed-....

If you have any questions about the game, the Kickstarter, or life in general, I'm happy to answer them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony C
United States
Ferndale
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game looks like a lot of fun! Glad to see it's being reprinted.

Is there anyway you can open up a multiple copy shipping tier to Non-retailers? I have purchased multiple copies of Snake Oil for friends and this would likely be a great gift as well but $29 per copy isn't budget friendly for me currently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Daviau
United States
Unspecified
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Likely to have a one-day sale on either Black Friday and/or Cyber Monday for just this event.

Curious as to what level would feel right for you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony C
United States
Ferndale
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Buy 2, get 1 free?

A 3 pack for $60 would get my money for sure as $20 seems to be good entry point for a party game like this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jack
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Are there any new cards not present in the first edition? I managed to snag one before and it is very fun, though I'd like to have more cards for it. I also dig the preliminary art in the new edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Daviau
United States
Unspecified
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks on the art feedback and the pricing bundle pack.

If we can get to our goal, a likely stretch goal is to add additional cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Purkis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
youtube.com/c/actualol
badge
Actualol Board Game Videos
mbmb
I'd just like to pitch in that the art looks brilliant. June 2015 can't come soon enough...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Daviau
United States
Unspecified
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks on the art comment. You just made my wife's day as she did all the art (working with the designer, etc.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Bowles
Australia
Tatura
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question.

You weren't keen on KS at the beginning of the year, so does this little foray mean you're still considering using KS for the SeaFall funding?

I don't mean you hated KS, just that you looked at it and said "I'm publishing and designing, I don't want to be customer relations aswell" something like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Dalton
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not shipping to Australia?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Daviau
United States
Unspecified
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
balzi wrote:
I have a question.

You weren't keen on KS at the beginning of the year, so does this little foray mean you're still considering using KS for the SeaFall funding?

I don't mean you hated KS, just that you looked at it and said "I'm publishing and designing, I don't want to be customer relations aswell" something like that.

I've learned a lot in the past two years. I still think that trying to design a game as big as SeaFall AND do a Kickstarter AND be a publisher would be too much for someone starting up a company.

With Funemployed, the scale of the game is smaller and I'm not the designer so I can just focus (with some partners) on the publishing part of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Daviau
United States
Unspecified
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We're looking into it but Amazon fulfillment in Australia seems to be costly and logistically difficult. I'm happy to discuss shipping options but they may be steep.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Bowles
Australia
Tatura
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RobDaviau wrote:
balzi wrote:
I have a question.

I've learned a lot in the past two years. I still think that trying to design a game as big as SeaFall AND do a Kickstarter AND be a publisher would be too much for someone starting up a company.

With Funemployed, the scale of the game is smaller and I'm not the designer so I can just focus (with some partners) on the publishing part of the game.

Cool. Understood. And thanks for the taking the time to respond.

and if you were interested, Flip the Table just gave you a plug for your part in Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Game. nice work over the long haul Rob!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Daviau
United States
Unspecified
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the plug.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manny Calavera
Italy
flag msg tools
I just saw it on KS, great concept and design!
That's a pity that doesn't ship anywhere though (I live in Italy), I really hope there's a possibility to open up some additional distribution down the road.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Daviau
United States
Unspecified
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a new company and the biggest chance with Kickstarter to really mess something up lies with international shipping. We are being cautious and utilizing Amazon fulfillment centers in English speaking countries (and Germany as a central EU hub). The hope was that the print and play would be an affordable back up for other backers. I'm sorry if that doesn't quite work for you. There are so many horror stories on KS about promises made that are catastrophic to fulfill.

In unrelated news, I spent a week in Tuscany last month and cannot believe how beautiful your country is. Every time I'm there I am simply stunned that it really exists.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Daviau
United States
Unspecified
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all who pledged on the Kickstarter. We got funded but, as these things go, we now have stretch goal. If we get to it, we're adding 100 new cards to the game but keeping it at the same price. So the game goes from 300 cards to 400.

Thanks again for your support. Much appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roelof Konijnenberg
Netherlands
Amsterdam
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game seems such fun! If you start branching out with other shipping destinations and the Netherlands makes the list, I will back this for sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Daviau
United States
Unspecified
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Being a cautious publisher out of the gate but looking to grow quickly and appropriately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony C
United States
Ferndale
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did I miss the Black Friday sale for this or did you decide to cancel it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roelof Konijnenberg
Netherlands
Amsterdam
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it an error that the Cyber Monday doesn't ship to Germany? I'm wondering since the other levels do allow Germany as a destination, and three copies to someone I know in Germany and having her ship two to the Netherlands would be a feasible option for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Dalton
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just in case people aren't watching the kickstarter campaign, it's great to see shipping to Australia now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan W
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SU&SD's little nod to this game in their recent update should certainly help. It is what swayed me to back it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex T
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Is this going to be available for purchase outside of Kickstarter at any point? I missed the window
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thor Larsen
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Mee too! Any non-KS pre-orders coming up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.