aaron belmer
United States
Webster Groves
St Louis
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Per kickstarter update, that games have shipped!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alecc
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
I spent more time clipping chits than playing games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Huzzah! Anyone giving odds that Mark kept up with address changes over the last 2 years?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dana R.
United States
Claremont
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Devotium Popcornicus
mbmbmbmbmb
"Hey Everyone, Mark here, great news. The games are shipping RIGHT NOW. I am so incredibly relieved to finally be able to not just TELL you it's happening, but SHOW you that the games are on their way. It has been a long ride, but it's finally over, and I gotta tell you this is one of the best days I've had in years: the nightmare has ended.

First of all I want to say how very sorry I am that it took so long. I want to apologize to every one of you from the bottom of my heart about the endless delays and issues we’ve had and also of not always communicating as much, as often or as well as some of you wanted. This has truly been a cursed project, everything that could go wrong did go wrong. often several times over, having it all over is such a relief.

However, some good things have happened because of it, I had to realize that I could not go it alone, and so now we have ramped up to a full time staff of 3 here in Tbilisi, which has proven to be a great decision in terms of both DEMOCRACY and our other projects, I AM ZOMBIE and the XENOFACTOR line.

To all those of you who have been so amazingly supportive throughout the entire process, I just want to give you a big heartfelt thank you, you've been absolutely fantastic and your support has made dealing with this mess so much easier. Other of you were less than pleased, and I do understand where you are coming from and I want you to know how very sorry I am it came to this. Please understand that I did my very best considering the circumstances, and that now that you are getting your games, I hope we can all move on.

If you see me at a convention come say hi, I owe you a thanks for getting me back into games, where I belong. I thoroughly hope that you'll enjoy opening your packages despite the circumstances of us getting it to you and I cannot thank you enough for enabling me to do the project. You’re going to love this game (if you don’t burn it first... ;D).

yours, Mark Rein-Hagen

P.S. Game Salute wants you to know this: “Democracy is finished being packed up and is nearly ready to ship to backers who completed the survey. If you're in the US, you should receive your shipping notice email from Ship Naked by 5 PM on Friday the 21st. If you're overseas, your package may be sent by postal service and will not have a tracking number or separate email notification.”"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rice
United States
LIHUE
HI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll believe it when I open the box, not sooner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb

The picture on KS update is rather sketchy...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renate Cloake
United Kingdom
Worthing
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eunoia wrote:

Yes, but at least there's a picture.
I'm feeling fairly positive because I got my refund for the meeples through today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg R.
United States
Indian Trail
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alecc wrote:
Huzzah! Anyone giving odds that Mark kept up with address changes over the last 2 years?

Yeah, I've gotten no confirmation of my address change. I emailed Game Salute today. Hopefully they can update.

Still the worse Kickstarter campaign ever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alecc
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
I spent more time clipping chits than playing games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TurquoiseKnight wrote:
Alecc wrote:

Yeah, I've gotten no confirmation of my address change. I emailed Game Salute today. Hopefully they can update.

Still the worse Kickstarter campaign ever.

Good call. I just sent Game Salute a message as well looking to confirm my address.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KYEO
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I am still wondering if they will honor us who won the game through the BGG Contest. I know I never spent any money towards this campaign, but winning one of the contests on BGG was really exciting. I have emailed Mark and his crew multiple times requesting updates about the contest winners, but I have never ever received any response. I understand that the backers are the first priority, but I hope that MBG are not so pathetic that they forget that they made some marketing efforts which involved promises being made to people.
For anyone who is a backer, feel free to share my comments on KS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blair
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I also won a copy of the game and would like to know if this will still be honoured.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Franklin
United States
Milton
Washington
flag msg tools
He sees you when you're sleeping; he knows when you're awake ...
badge
He knows if you've been bad or good.
mbmbmbmbmb
eunoia wrote:

If you can't trust Mark Rein*Hagen and Game Salute, then who can you trust?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Dillon
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree the picture is a little sketchy. In the past when game companies use pictures to prove their game has reached the warehouse the picture was taken before the game was put in what looks to be the shipping box.

Looking on the positive side, if that is the case it takes away one step in the shipping process making the game arrive on your doorstep that much sooner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dana R.
United States
Claremont
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Devotium Popcornicus
mbmbmbmbmb
eunoia wrote:

Next we'll be taking apart the shadow of the box and examining, similar to the Lee Harvey Oswald photo of old...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Foxwell
United States
Glen Allen
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i got my notice today that it has shipped.

If it arrives my copy will be available for purchase on ebay as the ELUSIVE Democracy: Majority Rules
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rami Finkelshtein
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Just another day on the staircase
mbmbmbmbmb
Got my shipping confirmation for
Democracy: Majority Rules Kickstarter - WARD BOSS (1 x Base Game + 1 Party Game) + 1 Pack of Secret Agenda Cards

It is also being sent to my most recently updated address so it looks like the address changes did go through. Personally I will probably not be kickstarting anything Mark puts out in the future. But this doesn't mean that this game will be bad (separate the art from the artist I guess) and I am happy to see it on my doorstep as I remember it looking interesting
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aaron belmer
United States
Webster Groves
St Louis
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaFink wrote:
Got my shipping confirmation for
Democracy: Majority Rules Kickstarter - WARD BOSS (1 x Base Game + 1 Party Game) + 1 Pack of Secret Agenda Cards

It is also being sent to my most recently updated address so it looks like the address changes did go through. Personally I will probably not be kickstarting anything Mark puts out in the future. But this doesn't mean that this game will be bad (separate the art from the artist I guess) and I am happy to see it on my doorstep as I remember it looking interesting

well said

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Sessoms
United States
Butler
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a Super Genius, but not in the style of Mark Madden, Local sports idiot.
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it almost sad I forget why I backed this? I think it was because I like political games. Worst run project ever. And I have Up Front backed.(at least you know that money is held up in court)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.