Antike II» Forums » General

Subject: List of the tokens not specified in the rulebook rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Germany
Münster
NRW
flag msg tools
Hidden trackable information in games sucks!
badge
I play games for fun and pursuing the goal to win the game is fun! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
The rulebook of Antike II doesn't specify the number of coin and different resource chips that come with the game. There is also missing information on the distribution of the two sides of city tokens and short rule cards.

I think it would be better to include such information in the rulebook, if only to allow people who bought a used copy to check if it is complete.

There is even a rule for which it is important:
Under "Game Material", it says: "If a player has no more legions, galleys or city tokens, or if the bank has no more coins or temples, the supply is empty. Only resource chips are considered unlimited."
Under "Production Actions", it continues later: "If the bank has no more coins, the nation may chose whatever other type of resource it wishes instead."

So while the number of resource chips that comes with the game may not be that important, the number of coin chips can even have actual implications for how to play the game.

The distribution of the two sides of the city tokens could be important for the game as well, particularly depending on if it is allowed to exchange, say, the iron/gold city token of an already built iron city with an iron/marble city token, when you realize that you have run out of gold city tokens later. (It is not specified in the rules if this is allowed, I am going to go with "yes" unless there is a different ruling.)

So anyway, here is the list of stuff not specified in the rulebook that were in my (new and sealed) copy of the game bought at SPIEL Essen:

1. 34 coins

2. Marble resources with a total value of 74 (8 times value V, 11 times value II, 12 times value I)
3. Iron resources with a total value of 72 (8 times value V, 10 times value II, 12 times value I)
4. Gold resources with a total value of 79 (9 times value V, 11 times value II, 12 times value I)

5. Of the 24 double sided city tokens per nation, there are 8 with marble/iron, 8 with marble/gold and 8 with iron/gold.

6. There aren't just 6 short rule cards as the rulebook says, there are actually 9 of them with both sides in different languages, so that there are 6 for English, German and French (3 with English on the front and German on the back, 3 with English on the front and French on the back, 3 with French on the front and German on the back).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Münster
NRW
flag msg tools
Hidden trackable information in games sucks!
badge
I play games for fun and pursuing the goal to win the game is fun! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
I have also just posted a list of the chips not specified in the rulebook of Antike Duellum:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1271760/list-chips-not-s...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.