Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Palmer
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How do you get more Vanguards on the board?

I understand that the deployment at the beginning of the game you place either the amount listed in the campaign or by the number of points used divided by 10. But if you have 4 guys off the field, how do the rest come into the game? I cannot find that in the rules anywhere, only spawning rules for the Strain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
true_dnd wrote:
How do you get more Vanguards on the board?

I understand that the deployment at the beginning of the game you place either the amount listed in the campaign or by the number of points used divided by 10. But if you have 4 guys off the field, how do the rest come into the game? I cannot find that in the rules anywhere, only spawning rules for the Strain.

Why are Vanguard models off the field? Shouldn't you place them all at the start of the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Palmer
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Per the rules it states that a force can only begin play with a number of models equal to the force points divided by 10, so us you are playing with 30 Force Points (for example only) then you can only start with 3 models.

Am I missing something else to this? Should just all Vanguards be on the map at all times and that limitation of models only applies to the Strain? If that is the case, why do the rules say "Force" and not "The Strain"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Palmer
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I re-read the rule in the rulebook and I did understand it wrong. My apologies, and no further replies are necessary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Whittaker
United States
Andrews AFB
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Romans 1:16
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, I'm just impressed people are still trying to learn this game.
When I saw what was once a $100+ kickstarter on clearance for $40 I was/am pretty disappointed. It took a lot of the enthusiasm out of learning the game for me. I'd definitely be interested in a step by step gameplay video if anyone has time or desire.
Have a nice day!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
airmanwhit, the version you're seeing on clearance, unless I'm mistaken, is the game's first edition, which is no longer in print. At least on ebay, the Biohazard $100 KS pledge (i.e. the core, plus a bunch of duplicates and exclusives) is still going for around what it cost to back it.

The first edition has the same game contents, but with darker tiles and outdated rules (the new rules are all on the sedition wars site as PDFs).

re: videos, have you checked the video section yet? I'm not a fan of video tutorials, but there look to be quite a few...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.