Subject: NWO Variant at Redscape (recruiting) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Polcen
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
I play Speed Circuit / Championship Formula Racing at Redscape.
badge
www.redscape.com... proud sponsor of neighborly warfare since 1998
mbmbmbmbmb
Another PBEM game of New World Order is kicking off at Redscape. This is a massive (40+ players) and unbalanced variant that can accommodate many playing styles. An NWO game just wrapped up this summer if you wish to look at the forums (Fire & Blood).

In addition to the above, there is a standard PBEM game looking for players as well as a PBEM Speed Circuit race needing drivers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shields
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Looks like an interesting variant!

Just curious if I'm understanding a couple things clearly:

1 - So you earn a Banked Build credit any time you waive a build? But you don't spend them to build the unit in a later year? So if I wave a build in year 1, but build my full compliment of units in year 2 (so I have equal units and SCs) I'll still have one BB?

2 - Can you do anything with them other than things related to nukes? I see that you can trade them with other players, just wondering how you spend them.

3 - With the hidden units - So a terrorist or pirate unit doesn't really cost a supply center to exist? What I mean is, you aren't controlling that unit instead of a fleet or an army? They just exist and then if destroyed respawn.

4 - But, the CTU is built like a normal unit? So if I build that I'm basically playing short?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Polcen
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
I play Speed Circuit / Championship Formula Racing at Redscape.
badge
www.redscape.com... proud sponsor of neighborly warfare since 1998
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt, I'm going to recommend you post those questions to Sendric in the announcement forum at Redscape. Truth is, I haven't played this variant in a LONG time and my memory would not be very reliable. Not to mention the rules have changed a bit. I'm more the messenger here.

In the one I played in, I remember playing a one center power and lasting about 2 or 3 years before elimination. It was fun while it lasted with TONS of diplomacy going on.

Best of luck if you choose to play!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.