Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
59 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

Myth» Forums » General

Subject: Backer totally dissapointed and pissed off!... Nice job MERCS, captain pledge full of mold rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Toni
Spain
Barcelona
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everybody,

I never wrote a bad word about Myth even with his big delay on shipping for EU backers. Finally, after all this big time of waiting, I've received my copy. What was the big surprise? It looks like water enter inside the box and everything gets wet... Components with mold over... I haven't check if there are minis broken or missed, but some of the minis were out of the bag so I guess that something will happen too. I haven't seen a shit packaging on my whole life. But hey! The packet only needs to travel from USA to EU over the seas I see no reason to protect the components well... I want to see if MERCS have a good customer service... Because it will be hilarious If they don't give me a decent solution. Sorry for my post, I don't pretend to offend anybody but I'm totally dissapointed and pissed off. Thanks to all of you who read.

Regards.

Some pics of the mess...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
Wow, to wait all that time and then get something that looks like that. I feel for you, man, I really do. I hope you get satisfaction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul M
United States
Elkhart
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mold, Slime
What at first seemed to be a carpet of fungi and mushrooms suddenly stirs to life, surging forward with a reek of decay.

Slime Mold CR 2
XP 600
N Large ooze
Init –1; Senses Perception –5

DEFENSE
AC 8, touch 8, flat-footed 8 (–1 Dex, –1 size)
hp 28 (3d8+15)
Fort +6, Ref +0, Will –4
Immune ooze traits; Resist fire 10

OFFENSE
Speed 20 ft.
Melee slam +4 (1d6+4 plus disease)
Space 10 ft.; Reach 10 ft.
Special Attacks engulf (DC 14, 1d6+4 bludgeoning plus disease)

STATISTICS
Str 16, Dex 8, Con 21, Int —, Wis 1, Cha 1
Base Atk +2; CMB +6; CMD 15 (can’t be tripped)
SQ freeze

SPECIAL ABILITIES
Disease (Ex)

Fungal rot: Slam—contact; save Fortitude DC 16; onset 1 day; frequency 1/day; effect 1d2 Str damage and 1 Con damage and fatigue; cure 1 save.
Any creature that touches a slime mold with an unarmed strike or a natural attack is also exposed to this foul disease. The save DC is Constitution-based.

This content was created for the Pathfinder rules by Paizo Publishing LLC and is part of the Pathfinder RPG product line.
ECOLOGY
Environment temperate forests
Organization single or infestation (2–5)
Treasure none

Slime molds are revolting oozes that wallow in rot and decay. A perfect example of symbiosis, each slime mold is covered in a thick garden of fungi, mildew, and toadstools, which helps it blend in with the surroundings. As ambush hunters, they can lie silently in wait for days at a time, surging into frenzied movement as soon as prey comes within reach. Most commonly encountered in deep forests, variations have adapted to life in caverns and sewers as well. They lack any ability to digest food, and rely entirely on their symbiotic fungal gardens to break down any organic matter they find into easily absorbed compost and decay. The molds and mushrooms that coat the ooze in turn receive ample food supplies, and over countless generations, many have developed into deadly variations of the forest or cave fungi from which they evolved. This fungal breakdown is in many ways akin to a disease—known as fungal rot, it can kill if allowed to progress for long. Those who succumb to fungal rot become tired and listless. Eventually, paralysis sets in and the victim’s flesh begins to blacken and decay, running from the body in liquid streams that the slime mold can easily absorb. In a somewhat nauseating turnabout, certain creatures find the unusual fungus that grows upon a slime mold to be quite tasty, and these creatures actively hunt slime molds to devour their gardens—although they take care to avoid actual contact with the mold itself unless they happen to be immune to disease.

Slime molds are ovoid in shape, growing up to 12 feet in length and weighing more than 600 pounds. Their substance is normally a sickly greenish-brown, with the coloration varying depending on their environment and how recently they’ve fed. They instinctually keep their coating of fungus and other vegetable detritus exposed above them, granting the slime mold a distinctive, undulating gait rather than the fluid movement of most oozes.

To reproduce, slime molds split off small patches of their bodies whenever they encounter thick beds of fungi or mold. Over several months, these tiny blobs acclimate to the rot and absorb each another, until a single slime mold (with the young creature simple template) sprouts its own garden and begins hunting live prey.

(copied from d20pfsrdpsfe or whatever the website is)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Man, that's pretty bad Antonio. I can't imagine they won't replace your entire pledge. Please post the resolution once they've responded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jef stuyck
Belgium
flag msg tools
As far as i can see it is only the base box that has a problem?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cordz
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That top punchboard wasn't in the base box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On a positive note, you can read the rules in the bathtub.

Hope they fix it pronto
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MSgt Keats
msg tools
It's a mudbox game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish my copy of Myth had come filled with mold.

Then I could have gotten my money back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Peterson
United States
Cane Ridge
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If it makes you feel any better, the game itself is rotten too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Contrasting, I love the game, and I'm sure MERCS will fix it for you. Sorry that you have a delay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Amala
United States
Dublin
California
flag msg tools
"Heke Heke": Hamsterish for "Huh?"
badge
paul@amala.us
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it possible that it was opened by Customs/Import Inspectors somewhere and not resealed properly?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim thorson
United States
Chaska
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a few damaged boards and they sent replacements. I would guess you will get them replaced
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hot Rod
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure they will take care of you. That said, after such a long wait, that is just tragic. Man, I feel for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shakka
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First thing to do is contact the company and give them a chance to fix the problem before flaming in a forum.

My both parcels were packed totally ok.

Did the postman hand the package to you, or was it outside for a while?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory J
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested in knowing what condition the actual packing was in. What would make you blame mercs for water damage instead of the shipping company?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is most likely a problem with the shipper, and not MERCS.
I work in shipping and see crap like this get delivered all the time. It's probably the result of a leaky delivery truck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Guijo
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Que putada mas grande, no me extraña que estes realmente cabreado. Yo creo que MegaCon te reenviará todo o te devolvera el dinero, seguro. Pero no deja de ser una putada. Mucho animo.
For the people that say that its a shipping company problem. I say you are right. But it was MegaCon who hired the shipping company and they are responsable for the package. So its megacon who should answer for this and then deal with the shipping company.
And... the game its not rotten, it has a rotten rulebook (literally this time) but its not a bad game and plays very well once you learn it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kalisto59 wrote:
For the people that say that its a shipping company problem. I say you are right. But it was MegaCon who hired the shipping company and they are responsable for the package. So its megacon who should answer for this and then deal with the shipping company.

That's not how that works. If the shipping company refuses to assist, sure, MERCS needs to step up. But the first stop is the shipper and THEY are responsible. They took responsibility for the package and, if they screwed it up, they owe the recipient a big check.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hunt
England
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
Angry Imp Games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the EU it is definitely the seller who has responsibility, not the shipper. If there is a problem with shipment then it is ultimately up to the seller to deal with the shipping company.

Anyway, Mercs have been nothing but excellent when it comes to customer service in my experience, so I am sure they will sort you out.

Your mileage may vary, but I think this is one of the best games I have played. I can see that the base game on its own would be lacking, but with a few expansions and the unofficial rule book it is really, really good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ry
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Im confused,
Does the OP think that MCG sent the package out wet?

Because thats the only way I can imagine it being MCGs fault?
I mean, personally, ive never had a hermetically sealed pacakage before.
That must be awesome.

And if it wasnt hermetically sealed, then how could it possibly be MCG's fault?

I understand frustration.
But have you even contacted MCG first?
Why even accept the package if it was all wet?
Unless, the package was fine, and if possibly hermetically sealed, then you wouldnt have known until opening the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hunt
England
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
Angry Imp Games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ropya wrote:
Im confused,

That must be awesome.

Unless, the package was fine, and if possibly hermetically sealed, then you wouldnt have known until opening the box.

Well, here in the UK (and the EU), if one of my customers received a package that had been damaged in transit, it would initially be my responsibility to resolve the issue. I would then pursue the carrier for compensation. It makes it easier for me to do this if the customer refused to accept the package, but it is understandable if the customer did not notice any damage (especially if it was left on their doorstep).

The package could have had a long and difficult journey from Germany to Spain and could have been damaged at any point along the way.

The title of the thread could have been a little less severe though perhaps!

These things happen!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Who
msg tools
mb
have hope with this delay...as the game could get better with more time out there
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
Weird, I thought the mold was shipping with Wave 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ry
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BrianJohnHunt wrote:
ropya wrote:
Im confused,

That must be awesome.

Well, here in the UK (and the EU), if one of my customers received a package that had been damaged in transit, it would initially be my responsibility to resolve the issue. I would then pursue the carrier for compensation. It makes it easier for me to do this if the customer refused to accept the package, but it is understandable if the customer did not notice any damage (especially if it was left on their doorstep).

The package could have had a long and difficult journey from Germany to Spain and could have been damaged at any point along the way.

The title of the thread could have been a little less severe though perhaps!

These things happen!

Of course.
I was being a bit tongue in cheek with my post (read: butthead).

Im all for smashing MCG when they deserve it (initial rulebook, missing Spriggan Sleeves no one seems to be getting, etc), but not when its not directly their fault.
Yes, it is on them to resolve it.
But the OP seems to mad, rather pissed off, at MCG for something that (AFAIK) isnt MCGs fault.

Thus my smart a** response.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.