Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A Brave New Geek
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jumping the gun a bit here though does anyone know if there will be a box set of the next four duel deck sets after the first i.e. The 5th to 8th duel decks?

The reason I ask is that these decks are currently available though quite expensive for what they are (may be good for a deckbuilder though just interested in playing casual) though all look like good fun so not sure whether to just pick them up now as from my limited knowledge of this game, the prices will only go up with the exception of the coalition set.

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Occhipinti
United States
Decorah
Iowa
flag msg tools
Magic Fanboy
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I imagine WOTC won't know until they see how the first one sells if they will do another. They tend to play these things by ear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I would guess that if Anthology box 1 sells well, anthology box 2 will probably come out in late 2015, but of course no announcement will have been made yet, and I wouldn't expect one anytime soon. They haven't even announced Modern Masters 2 yet and just about everyone believes that's coming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Australia
SOUTH PERTH
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty certain Duel Decks Anthology will sell out almost straight away. Its limited release. Not sure how much information that will give WotC.
If they do create it, I think it might be a bigger gap than next year. There is a big difference in the availability and price of the first four particularly EvG, JvC and DvD) and the next 4.

I really hope they do DDA2, as that will be the only 4 duel decks i don't have. One thing that does throw a bit of a spanner in the works is Phyrexian Negator. It is on the restricted list, but was one of the folis for Phyrexia vs. The Coalition.

My hope is they replace it with Phyrexian Obliterator.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Brave New Geek
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Isolater wrote:

I really hope they do DDA2, as that will be the only 4 duel decks i don't have. One thing that does throw a bit of a spanner in the works is Phyrexian Negator. It is on the restricted list, but was one of the folis for Phyrexia vs. The Coalition.

Thanks for the info, new to the game here, what is the restricted list please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Björklund
Finland
flag msg tools
Overtext?! We don't need no stinking overtext! Oh wait...
badge
mbmbmbmb
abravenewgeek wrote:
Isolater wrote:

Thanks for the info, new to the game here, what is the restricted list please?

It's an abomination that should be burned with fire.

No, seriously (although the list should be scrapped), the reserved list (not restricted list) is a bunch of cards WotC promised to not reprint, ever.

http://archive.wizards.com/Magic/tcg/article.aspx?x=magic/pr...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Brave New Geek
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What a great way to promote piracy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Björklund
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
The funny thing about the list is that most of the cards on it are pretty bad and have hardly any value at all. Many of the cards on the list wouldn't be reprinted in any Standard legal sets (ie mass reprinting) anyway for various reasons (either they are too powerful or too weak), so I don't think their value would go down much with a reprint. But WotC is stubborn when it comes to the reserved list, a promise is a promise.

And yes, counterfeit cards are serious problem these days, since the quality of counterfeits have reached the level of being next to impossible to spot by most players. Hence the addition of holograms to rares and mythics in the most recent sets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The One
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mb
JockiB wrote:
No, seriously (although the list should be scrapped), the reserved list (not restricted list) is a bunch of cards WotC promised to not reprint, ever.

I love that when you mouse over the Mox Diamond entry it shows a later, reprinted card and not the Stronghold original.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Björklund
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
True_Dave wrote:
JockiB wrote:

I love that when you mouse over the Mox Diamond entry it shows a later, reprinted card and not the Stronghold original.

Yeah, that's the "From the Vault: Relics" version. There used to be a loophole and they could reprint them in foil versions. Hence the Phyrexian Negator reprint the the Duel Deck. They closed that loophole after that FtV: Relics set I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.