Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure why I didn't post this last night, when I was pinned down and timed out by a sniper in the jungle... but it's happened again, and I'd appreciate a ruling.

In a location I'm in, I draw a sniper for enemy reinforcement. It has a range of two. Is it able to attack me, as it has no listed range 0 attack value? Would it move to put itself into the appropriate range? (In this instance it would have to move two locations.)

Last night I played that it would just attack in the range 0 location, but the rules are more explicit on my own weapon card. If it retreats, how do I deal with it moving from location 2, to (for example) location 4, if I haven't placed a third location card yet?

Basically, I'm dialling out for fire support on this, mid mission. Any ideas, troops?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Enemy range means "up to X". Sniper's range 2 means he can attack at range 0-2. Your weapons have their ranges explicitly stated, because they have different accuracy at different ranges.

Also I'm not sure what you mean by him retreating. As far as I know, the enemies only move if you are out of their own range. Maybe it is from the Middle-East hostile deck, which I have played only once so I am not familiar with it. Not to mention I don't get how you can have free place between the locations. Maybe only when one of th is the Objective, but that is inactive until you activate it, so you act as if it wasn't there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brij pascual
Philippines
Unspecified
laguna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With regards to the enemy sniper retreating, i think he implies whether the enemy sniper will have to move back to a range 2 location from his soldier to meet the range number of 2. But you have clarified this by stating "range 2" basically means the enemy sniper can attack "up to range 2". Hence, the sniper doesn't have to move (or close range) as the soldier is already well within enemy sniper's range. I had the similar scenario as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.