9 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Anarch Archetypes - Are We There Yet? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Grish Noren
msg tools
mbmb
I think we're getting there. There's a box coming up. It seems like now is the time to start thinking about it. And I think its time to start looking to see what the anarch archetypes are that exist or appear to be forming.

Noise-Cache-Shop-Millapoloza is a thing. Fine. K. Check. Move On.

What else can anarch do? Reina can harass ice rezzing, which is frankly kind of cool. And other stuff I guess, like not play chess. I actually have a deck that's working well with her and the supplier right now. Its not competitive against fast advance, but it is against jinteki, glacier & weyland. So, you know 3/4. And the clot-pocolypse may becoming if that's real or something. So, maybe she'll be good in a few months? Perfectly fine for league play.

What about this quetzal character. On her I have more thoughts, though I'm not sure if we're there yet either. But there's something here, and I've been thinking about voicepad anarch for a long time. Inject may have been the missing piece? Here's a list I'm starting to play test.

Anarch Voicepad - Mark I

Quetzal: Free Spirit (First Contact)

Event (19)
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
3x Déjà Vu (Core Set)
3x Inject (Up and Over)
3x Lucky Find (Double Time) ••••• •
1x Quality Time (Humanity's Shadow)
3x Retrieval Run (Future Proof)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)

Hardware (10)
3x Cyberfeeder (Core Set)
2x e3 Feedback Implants (Trace Amount) ••••
3x Prepaid VoicePAD (Second Thoughts)
2x Spinal Modem (What Lies Ahead)

Resource (1)
1x Ice Carver (Core Set)

Icebreaker (8)
3x Corroder (Core Set)
3x Mimic (Core Set)
2x ZU.13 Key Master (What Lies Ahead) ••••

Program (7)
3x D4v1d (The Spaces Between)
1x Datasucker (Core Set)
2x Medium (Core Set)
1x Nerve Agent (Cyber Exodus)

15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Up and Over

Decklist published on NetrunnerDB.

And before you ask, Whizzard? LOL.

There's some darwin love in our local meta now that fester's out, but it remains tier 2/3/4 in my opinion.

But yeah, I think that leaves us at:
Noise Loves Viruses
Reina Hates You Rezzing Ice
Darwin, I wish you were better
& Quetzal Wants Desperately to Get The New IPad, But She Might Be Too Damn Poor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Angell
msg tools
Re: Anarch - Are We There Yet?
i think special order is worth the influence in anarch. i just dont think you can afford the dead draws that come with 3x corroder/mimics with how fast the game is right now. retrieval run is ok but you aren't getting any massive value from it like femme/torch or morning star or even Yog. the rig is light so to me special order makes more sense.

zu is fine but you should consider with blue sun bringing weyland back to the meta power shutdown has crept back in as well. currently with the way the deck is composed power shutdown picks off your lone datasucker and your Zus while everything else is nice and comfy shielded by cyberfeeders and ppvps.

no parasites? yes parasite is no longer the answer to everything but running 3x deja vus with no parasites seems very odd to me.

ice carver. i like ice carver but i hate enhanced log in protocol and cerebral static even more. scrubbed has synergy with your ppvds + removes two very problematic corp currents.

no long money - you have the event econ and recurring credits but i still think a 1-2 kati jones is important in some matchups.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bowden
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I personally think anarch are great right now but then again I'm not a tourny player and I can see why people are put off by their lack of tutors, awkward draw cards, and weaker economy cards. They have many fantastic cards to compensate and you can spend influence to offset their weaknesses.

I think AI breakers are much more important to anarch than crims or shapers as they lack in-house tutors (except djinn) and have so many great programmes that they want to include so personally I prefer either overmind/crypsis & knight if using deep red or darwin & atman if using spinal modem so more space is available for other programmes. The deluxe expansion has already announced a new AI breaker and I'm sure anarch can make a sage deck on par with shaper too. I'm also really glad that cujo is now available as an in-house pumpable killer.

When the deluxe box comes out I can see anarchs getting much more tournament play as wanton destruction and forked along with existing anarch cards will be brutal - anatomy of anarch style decks could benefit from both these cards I think
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Bobberson
msg tools
Well, this should solve most of their econ problems.

It's still a bit awkward, but is it better than Liberated Accounts, or does it at least enable Lib Accounts? The click metrics on both Lib Accounts and Day Job are equal to having a Magnum Opus installed. Day Job is actually faster, as it's 4 clicks to gain 4 credits above clicking for credits. Lib Accounts does the same in 5.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish Noren
msg tools
mbmb
I suppose we can't just write of whizzard:

From the fine folks at stimhack.

WizBiz Oracle

Whizzard: Master Gamer (What Lies Ahead)

Event (38)
2x Blackmail (Fear and Loathing)
3x Demolition Run (Core Set)
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
3x Déjà Vu (Core Set)
3x Frame Job (Opening Moves)
1x Hostage (Opening Moves) ••
3x Inject (Up and Over)
1x Levy AR Lab Access (Creation and Control) •••
2x Power Nap (Double Time) ••••
3x Queen's Gambit (Double Time)
1x Quest Completed (Fear and Loathing)
3x Retrieval Run (Future Proof)
2x Singularity (Double Time)
2x Stimhack (Core Set)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
2x Vamp (Trace Amount)

Hardware (1)
1x Spinal Modem

Resource (2)
1x Duggar's (First Contact)
1x Oracle May (Honor and Profit) •

Icebreaker (3)
1x Corroder (Core Set)
1x Femme Fatale (Core Set) •
1x Torch (Mala Tempora) ••••

Program (2)
1x Medium (Core Set)
1x Nerve Agent (Cyber Exodus)

15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Up and Over

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bowden
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I like Oracle May decks but this one looks too unreliable - you need Oracle May in play from turn 1 so I'd include more oracles and/or hostages to increase the odds of finding her in the opening hand - the other influence cards are important too but I can't see the point of building a deck like this unless you're looking to really cash in on Oracle May and she takes priority over everything else.
Also 1 fracter, 1 killer, and 1 decoder is a bad idea in a deck with no tutors - you need additional breakers (probably AI) or you need to import icebreaker tutors to make it reliable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Freeman
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
kenobob wrote:
Well, this should solve most of their econ problems.

It's still a bit awkward, but is it better than Liberated Accounts, or does it at least enable Lib Accounts? The click metrics on both Lib Accounts and Day Job are equal to having a Magnum Opus installed. Day Job is actually faster, as it's 4 clicks to gain 4 credits above clicking for credits. Lib Accounts does the same in 5.

Spending a whole turn moneying up is usually a pretty solid play, but in the current fast advance meta it is a pretty big hit.

Although since Stim Dealer is a thing... this will see some play. It slots in far better than armitage into one of my decks.

I guess we will wait and see what else the big box has in store for us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beyer
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
more.
badge
StarSix wrote:
Spending a whole turn moneying up is usually a pretty solid play, but in the current fast advance meta it is a pretty big hit.

Although since Stim Dealer is a thing... this will see some play. It slots in far better than armitage into one of my decks.

I guess we will wait and see what else the big box has in store for us.

I have to say I really love the concept of getting a job and then immediately start taking drugs so you can handle it...

Are people running various versions of Oracle decks these days? I don't really follow strategy but it seems to me like attempts to make an Oracle engine pops up with regular intervals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Smit
United States
Towson
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With the amount of NEH running around right now, Whizzard is about on the same power level as Noise, in my opinion. It's very easy to use his ability to save 9-12 creds over the course of a game. That not only saves you cash, but makes you less vulnerable to both Midseason and Scorch facilitated by SEA Source.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.