Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Trains: Rising Sun» Forums » Rules

Subject: 2 Player Supply Piles: Lay Rail, Express Train, and Station Expansion? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Keller
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mb
The rules for the 2 player maps say that supply piles should be reduced to 7 cards each. Does this apply to Lay rail, Express Train, and Station Expansion? I ask because these start with more than 7 cards, unlike the other piles (excluding waste).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Ellis
United States
Aloha
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
Try a new game today :)
badge
Happy Gaming!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that was the intention. However, you are welcome to house rule this differently if you prefer because it's all about the people you are playing with having fun :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Keller
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mb
Oh, if only that were the case cry

I have an affliction where I really need to play a game by it's written and intended rules. If I'm going through the rules of something and can't find a concrete answer to something I'll not continue learning it until I have a satisfactory answer.

I really wish I wasn't that way. Maybe I didn't get enough sunlight when I was a kid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenrick Fearn
France
Ruffec
Charente
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Synnical77 wrote:
Oh, if only that were the case cry

I have an affliction where I really need to play a game by it's written and intended rules. If I'm going through the rules of something and can't find a concrete answer to something I'll not continue learning it until I have a satisfactory answer.

I really wish I wasn't that way. Maybe I didn't get enough sunlight when I was a kid.

Don't worry you are not alone ...I feel/ get the same way and will shelve an expensive game until any outstanding rules issues are officially resolved no matter how much I want to play the game ...

I had plenty of sunlight as a kid ...but always have been programmed to have everything "symmetrical and straight" in my life ...so I wonder if there is a "perfection" issue at work here and having outstanding rule issues is just an extension of this syndrome
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kaufeld
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for replying here, Steve. We had this same question when we played tonight.

Nice work on T:RS!! It beats the heck out of Dominion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven Burger
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for Trains:RS Steve. I love the two player boards!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
rainydaysteve wrote:
Yes, that was the intention. However, you are welcome to house rule this differently if you prefer because it's all about the people you are playing with having fun

What about the waste pile?

ANSWER: Waste pile remains the same (2-player maps: Only 7 Waste in Supply?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rainydaysteve wrote:
Yes, that was the intention. However, you are welcome to house rule this differently if you prefer because it's all about the people you are playing with having fun

Sorry for necro-ing the thread, but it seemed the appropriate place to ask. Why is it 7 cards for 2p instead of 5? If it's 10 cards for 4p I would have thought the progression would be:

4p: 10 cards
3p: 7/8 cards
2p: 5 cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jérôme
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MentatYP wrote:
rainydaysteve wrote:

Sorry for necro-ing the thread, but it seemed the appropriate place to ask. Why is it 7 cards for 2p instead of 5? If it's 10 cards for 4p I would have thought the progression would be:

Because it will be way too easy to deplete four decks with two players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tsaar wrote:
MentatYP wrote:
rainydaysteve wrote:

Because it will be way too easy to deplete four decks with two players.

Wouldn't 2p with 5 cards per deck be the same as 4p with 10 cards per deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.