Alecc
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
I spent more time clipping chits than playing games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, this suggestion is to improve functionality of the site for iOS users, and possibly other mobile users. Both Safari and Chrome on the iOS share a behavior that when a user clicks on a link with mouse-over text, the browser shows the text instead of following the link. On a subsequent press of the link, the link is followed. For the BGG main navigation, this means that going to mail, subscriptions, and next sub each require two presses to use. As hit detection can be inaccurate on some screens/zooms, I actually see this as a benefit.

The two links in that part of the UI that do NOT have mouse-over text are the user profile link and "Log Out". Because of this, a user can inadvertently log themselves out of their session with a single press, whereas everything they WANT to do requires a confirmation.

My suggestion, add a mouse-over text to log-out. The change will be transparent to users with a standard browser, and it will prevent inadvertent log-outs for mobile users.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dart
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
"In the beginning, the Earth was without form, and void."
badge
"O I know justice, it's a birthright if you're born right"
mbmbmbmbmb
As much as I'm tempted to quip about choice of OS and browsers, that actually seems like a relatively simple, painless and unobtrusive fix to something that probably affects quite a few people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't know if the redesign will ever come to be. But no doubt that some sort of tool that would automagically provide better support for mobile devices would be part of the redesign. It would have to be tool support since BGG doesn't have enough programmers to adequately maintain one GUI, much less two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.