Hide
1 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Works in Progress

Subject: [WIP] Visual Novel Board Game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexander Forbes
msg tools
As odd as that sounds that's what I've got here. It's extremely rough and the rules will have to carry themselves as I don't have any specific cards. There are plenty of examples for what the cards will involve so not leaving you all totally in the dark.

Linked below is a copy of the current rules and depicted is a very rough concept for the board. I say rough concept because it has all the function but is very much not pretty and the layout is definitely up for changes, but for now it works.

The checkered pattern on the board represents tiles, the colored squares correspond with the colored location cards and so, for example, if you are standing on a red tinted space you would draw from the red deck.

The idea of the gameplay is to simulate the events that can happen in a somewhat open exploration style visual novel. Essentially it's trying to make the game more about the story than it is about the gameplay, while still being at least somewhat entertaining to play. Now, as we don't have the actually story written out for you to test with it will likely be a bit dry but keep in mind that each card will have some kind of dialogue or event described on it to keep things interesting!

Without further ado, here is the content.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4681518/HELPdraft4.doc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.