Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexandru Stanuta
Romania
Berceni
ILFOV
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played only 1vs1, but I want to try it a doubles game. It's unclear how does the serving/receiving works in a doubles match.

Let's say we have team A+B vs C+D.

1. A serves / C receives / B receives / D receives / A receives...and so on until a point is scored. Is this correct?

2. If 1 is correct, next turn will be C serves / A receives / D / B...etc?

3. The third turn is B serves / D receives / A / C / B ...etc?

Thanks,
Alex
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Kim
South Korea
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

1. Yes. But if D can't receive the B's attack, C can receive it. In that case, B should discard 1 card.
2. Next turn, C serves as you know.
3. B serves at the begining of 3rd round
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandru Stanuta
Romania
Berceni
ILFOV
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2kevin76 wrote:
1. Yes. But if D can't receive the B's attack, C can receive it. In that case, B should discard 1 card.

I think D discards 1 card. And C, who receives instead of D, doesn't draw a card immediately, but refills her hand after her "normal" play.

Is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ariel Seoane
Uruguay
Montevideo
Montevideo
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
alex1326 wrote:
2kevin76 wrote:

I think D discards 1 card. And C, who receives instead of D, doesn't draw a card immediately, but refills her hand after her "normal" play.

Is this correct?

The first part is (the player whose turn it was to receive but can't or decides not to for strategic reasons —player D in Kim's example— discards one card) but then C plays just as if it were her turn. then the sequence of play continues with B, D, A, C, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ariel Seoane
Uruguay
Montevideo
Montevideo
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
alex1326 wrote:
I have played only 1vs1, but I want to try it a doubles game. It's unclear how does the serving/receiving works in a doubles match.

Let's say we have team A+B vs C+D.

1. A serves / C receives / B receives / D receives / A receives...and so on until a point is scored. Is this correct?

2. If 1 is correct, next turn will be C serves / A receives / D / B...etc?

3. The third turn is B serves / D receives / A / C / B ...etc?

Thanks,
Alex

1. Correct. Please read comments below for cases where a player returns during her partner's turn.

2. No. If 1 is correct, then turn order goes ACBDACBD..., therefore, on the second point C will serve to B, then it's D's turn, then A, and so on. Turn order will always go ACBDACBD...
Even when a player goes in her partner's turn the turn order immediately goes back to normal, so if C plays instead of D, it is followed by BDAC...

3. Correct.

That said, I'm pretty flexible when it comes to house rules and small variants. The idea behind my turn order rules is to keep it the same throughout a whole match to avoid mistakes, but if your group thinks that inverting the turn order depending on which team is serving is more fun and interesting (which might happen if one of the players is much more experienced than the opponent playing after her), go for it! (and report the results here)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teik Chooi Oh
United Kingdom
Chorley
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We played with a token passed between A&B as next receiving or serving player, and another token between C+D as well. When you receive (and counts if partner can't and you do), it passes to buddy. This helped us keep track of who next to receive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.