Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Mezzano
United States
Mooresville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
First off, played this at Euroquest last week and loved it. It was both myself and friends favorite game of the convention. However, we are not sure if we played something correctly.

We played 2 player and we were wondering if the gondolier spaces at each island were limited to the colors of the players in the game. We think it probably should be to create more tension and competition for those spaces. We did not play that way so on one island I had a gondolier on my own colored circle, my friends colored circle, and a colored circle of a non-player. While this allowed me to score 3 different character cards on one island and helped me rejoice in victory, I think I might of been cheating by placing gondoliers on colors that we're not in the game. Can anybody clear this up for me. Thanks in advance!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
Action: Place a Gondolier wrote:
EITHER pay 2 Gold to the supply and place a Gondolier on a gondola of your color at one of the Islands,
OR pay 5 Gold to the supply and place a Gondolier on a gondola of any color.

Were you were playing on the 2-3 player side of the map?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Mezzano
United States
Mooresville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
We were playing on the 2 to 3 player side where one island was used just for storing special building and character cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Rudolph
Canada
Langdon
Alberta
flag msg tools
GIR, quickly, ride the pig!
badge
Yaaaaaay! I don't know what you just said!
mbmbmbmbmb
You played it correctly. All four of the spaces are available, even in a 2-player game. The trade off is that those additional spaces come at a somewhat steep price of 5 gold instead of just 2. It can be advantageous though as you can place on your opponent's circle, forcing them to pay the higher price if they really want to score that island. This can be especially cruel if they're short on gold.

By reducing the number of spaces you can place gondoliers, you'd severely limit the usefulness of the cards that require 2 gondoliers on a single island in order to score them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Mezzano
United States
Mooresville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks, that makes sense. Being we only played once I did not realize that some of the character cards were ones tied to the amount of gondoliers at an island. Thanks for replying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.