Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Williams
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I was a kid (back in the early 70s) my father had a boxed war game. It was more or less a modern day game. It might have been published in the mid to late 60s, but I don't recall the name or the publisher.

Here's what I do recall:

It had map boards which showed roads and rivers and cities, etc...

As I recall, it also had puzzle pieces of the map (same art) which you would piece together over the main board as you took over territory. What I remember most clearly about it was the plastic pieces it came with.

Small tanks, small parachutes (for airborne units), small plastic bridges, and small plastic flags. These pieces all came in colors for both sides (orange and yellow, as I recall). The flags struck me most. The puzzle pieces had small holes on them by the cites and when you took over a city, you placed a flag of your color into the hole by the city to indicate that you controlled it.

Does anyone know what game I'm talking about?

Thanks, in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Sell
United States
Stevens Point
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Situation 4
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Williams
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Robert -

Yes! Thank you! That name sounded right, and looking it up here on BGG that is the box I remember.

Thank you so much!
Chris w/1A

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.