Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
go2 Youtube Historical Gaming
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely. #1 its a heavy weapon and cant move and fire. #2 if it was much more powerful the Americans would never have a chance #3 The range is deadly! I would say if you are considering adding an MG 34 it would be move and fire capable, and fire with one less dice and less range.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Boersma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I certainly do. It's included in the base game/ Core set, which covers the time period from Summer '44 till the end of the war in Europe. The MG 42 is sure to have been the most predominantly used German heavy MG at that time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bill jaffe
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
well widely available to the Elite formations, not so much to other units

thanks everybody who voted, i need to add a token or a card to indicate the MG-34.

funnily enough i was thinking is was the 34 because the 42's rate of fire is so high that i was figuring the 42 would have 5 firepower vs infantry

bill
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Boersma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
skinsfan wrote:
well widely available to the Elite formations, not so much to other units

thanks everybody who voted, i need to add a token or a card to indicate the MG-34.

funnily enough i was thinking is was the 34 because the 42's rate of fire is so high that i was figuring the 42 would have 5 firepower vs infantry

bill

It's also a matter of game balance: the German MG in TOI has range 5 fp 4. That's huge in op fire attacks already, especially when two of them combine fire (on different bases; a double MG is nearly always a very bad idea)they already roll 6 dice. While "just" adding one die seems trivial, it might well be the difference between no result or pinned, pinned or disrupted, or disrupted or routed. Now, as op fire is unlimited for MG crews...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.