Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Small World Underground» Forums » General

Subject: Are the two new expansions compatible with SWU? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Doe
msg tools
My question is simply if expansions Royal Bonus and/or Spider's Web are compatible with Small World Underground?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
nocturne89 wrote:
My question is simply if expansions Royal Bonus and/or Spider's Web are compatible with Small World Underground?


Technically yes, though they look visually different (the tiles). Everything in Small World is compatible with Underground as long as you convert any possible terrain specific powers to their Underground equivalent and vice versa.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Mills
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a quick summary of the compatibility:

Royal Bonus

Fauns - No issues
Igors - No issues
Shrubmen - Ability refers to forest regions. You would need to use the Mushroom Forests in Underground.

Aquatic - No issues
Behemoth - Power refers to swamp regions. You would need to use the Muddy regions.
Fireball - Power refers to magic sources. You would need to use Mystic Crystal regions.

Spider's Web

Ice Witches - Ability refers to magic sources. You would need to use Mystic Crystal regions.
Skags - No issues
Slingmen- No issues

Copycat - No issues (I think)
Lava - Power refers to mountain regions. You would need to use Black Mountain regions.
Soul-Touch - No issues

Overall, these expansions are less compatible with Underground than the previous expansions, but playable if you are willing to substitute the equivalent regions.
5 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You should also check the FAQ in the links section. Some of the powers/races are incompatible or redundant when combined with Underground.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Mack
United States
Menifee
California
flag msg tools
designer
Lefty / Happily Married / Parent of 2 Girls / Christian / Yucata User
badge
Smack dat Ghoulie, Mr. Trolla!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't think of which powers would be incompatible or redundant. Nothing comes to mind.
DOW has repeatedly stated that (1) they have no plans to publish Underground-only expansions, and (2) that all of the existing expansions are compatible with Underground.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
But all existing expansions AREN'T compatible with underground. Off the top of my head, Frightened Pixies and Tomb White Ladies are combos that DofW suggests you reshuffle. Among others.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Mack
United States
Menifee
California
flag msg tools
designer
Lefty / Happily Married / Parent of 2 Girls / Christian / Yucata User
badge
Smack dat Ghoulie, Mr. Trolla!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jcb231 wrote:
But all existing expansions AREN'T compatible with underground. Off the top of my head, Frightened Pixies and Tomb White Ladies are combos that DofW suggests you reshuffle. Among others.

This is irrelevant since the OP was asking specifically about the 2 most recent Race/Power expansions.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
bandit_boy7 wrote:
jcb231 wrote:
But all existing expansions AREN'T compatible with underground. Off the top of my head, Frightened Pixies and Tomb White Ladies are combos that DofW suggests you reshuffle. Among others.

This is irrelevant since the OP was asking specifically about the 2 most recent Race/Power expansions.


It is totally relevant to your quote just above my comment, where you stated that all existing expansions were compatible with underground.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Boucher
United States
Dublin
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DoomTurtle wrote:
You should also check the FAQ in the links section. Some of the powers/races are incompatible or redundant when combined with Underground.


What links section? Been looking for this.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caio Alves
msg tools
barinthus wrote:
DoomTurtle wrote:
You should also check the FAQ in the links section. Some of the powers/races are incompatible or redundant when combined with Underground.


What links section? Been looking for this.


I believe he means this FAQ
https://www.daysofwonder.com/en/msg/?th=22605
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.