6 Posts

Might & Magic Heroes» Forums » Rules

Subject: Some unclarified rules again rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr Nandor
msg tools
Hi again

1) Tear of Asha: it says on the card, it gives +1 point. However, every artifact gives 1 point by default so what does this mean? If you construct the building, you have +5 points? (+3 from building, +1 because this is a bonus from the artifact and +1 just because you have an artifact). Or just simply +3 if you have built the building, and the card lies underneath it as its mentioned in the rulebook?

2) Upgrading to elite: do you need the capital level too to upgrade a higher level creature or just the appropriate building?
For example one unit downgraded to basic from the might3 starting army, but I have still not built the capital level 2. Can I still upgrade it in the recruit turn?

3) Does the Stone Skin spell stack? Every turn if I cast it during the battle, it gives another toughness to the unit? It seems imbalanced after the 3rd toughness ability on the same unit.

4) What if might value reaches zero? I can not roll with 0 dice, but can I roll if I have no attack? Is there a default 1?

5) Tear of Asha again, if you have 1 trinket already, this will replace it, however after constructing the building, you will loose it I suppose, because you place it under the building. Now you are able to have another trinket, or is it permitted to get back the older one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe K
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi fellow Might and Magic Hero!

1) Count it as follows:
Artifact: 1 Point
Tear of Asha Value: +1 Point

When building constructed:
+3 Points, and artifact card will be put underneath the building so it´s fixed there

2) In this case you need the appropriate capital level (Rulebook 1st english edition, page 18). The armor smith on the game board location might help in the meantime until capital level raised.

3) This is not clear. But as the official ruling for the "Petrification" spell has been FAQ´ed as to remove its effect by the end of each battle round / clash, I expect "Stone Skin" most probably to behave the same. Not for sure, though.

4) In case this would happen, there´s at least always one die. See Rulebook 1st english edition, page 13 "Rolling Dice"

5) I´m not sure I understand your question!
Your Hero may take 1 of each type of an artifact. So as long as he´s wearing the Trinket named "Tear of Asha", he can´t take another one. When the building has been constructed, this artefact will be placed underneath the building, so the Hero will be able to collect another Trinket again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Nandor
msg tools
Mantorok wrote:
Hi fellow Might and Magic Hero!
4) In case this would happen, there´s at least always one die. See Rulebook 1st english edition, page 13 "Rolling Dice"

5) I´m not sure I understand your question!
Your Hero may take 1 of each type of an artifact. So as long as he´s wearing the Trinket named "Tear of Asha", he can´t take another one. When the building has been constructed, this artefact will be placed underneath the building, so the Hero will be able to collect another Trinket again.

2) actually this isnt on page 18

4) actually I was talking about the might value, not the number of dices

5) you can collect another, but you have to discard the previous one. Its okay, but can I keep it or just throw away, so after constructing the building, I wont have any trinket

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe K
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sorry for not being of too much help for you, but I´m not disencouraged in trying to help you further.

Question 2 - this link, page 18.
http://www.heroes.axel.pl/support.html

"If the active player has a proper building in his capital, he can both recruit new units and upgrade the ones he already has"

-->
No proper building, no upgrade.

If this is not the rulebook you have (1st edition english), please specify. Should be usual behavior in order to get helpful answers, especially as 2nd edition english and polish rules should be available (soon). btw, I´m using another rulebook in a localized version, contents differently (better!) organized and layout changed.

Question 4
I misread, you´re right. Well I can´t answer. I would play with min 1 attack die (D8).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Nandor
msg tools
Mantorok wrote:
sorry for not being of too much help for you, but I´m not disencouraged in trying to help you further.

no problem, I just repeated the questions, because they are still open.
Actually on 2), having that building itself; in the rulebook it does not say you are permitted to upgrade units above your current capital level.
It does not say you are forbidden either. What make me think you may not upgrade in the capital is that in the Arena(or Blacksmith), whatever landscape building it is, you are allowed to do that, making this specific building valuable.

so still open questions:

2)
4)
5)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
egrek egrek
United Kingdom
Leicester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if I'm way too late.

2) To have anything to do with a level of soldier, you need the capital level.

4) I read a 1 is always a hit. An 8 is always a miss. So Might 0, still hits on 1's.

5) You have to discard an artefact if another comes along of the same type, so wouldn't be able to revert back to it.

It does make you think these heroes just need pockets. That and the fact enemy heroes can steal items from.you, but you can't trade or give excess items to allies! More luck if you keep getting different types of artefacts rather than getting 3 armours in a row!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.