Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
n s
Hungary
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

I recently purchased an unopened copy of the game, but one of the dice has a major damage. I contacted the seller and DoW too, but none can send me a replacement dice.

If any of you have an extra dice for this game, I'm willing to buy it from a reasonable price of course.

Please send a message to me if you can help!

Thank you for reading this!

Best regards,
kisnord

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chrys Meissner
Brazil
Tangará da Serra
Mato Grosso
flag msg tools
badge
No one is a total fool if he can be silent.
mbmbmbmbmb
kisnord wrote:
Hi!

I recently purchased an unopened copy of the game, but one of the dice has a major damage. I contacted the seller and DoW too, but none can send me a replacement dice.

If any of you have an extra dice for this game, I'm willing to buy it from a reasonable price of course.

Please send a message to me if you can help!

Thank you for reading this!

Best regards,
kisnord

Hope you find it but...wont be easy.
Maybe you should try to print the symbols in a sticker! You can cut it and paste in a white dice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven F.
Sweden
Västra Götaland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
kisnord wrote:
Hi!

If the seller sells you something that doesn't function as it's intended, they should be forced to either fix the problem or repurchase the item. In my country such issues are regulated by law; how does it work in Hungary?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
n s
Hungary
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fomalhaut wrote:
kisnord wrote:
Hi!

If the seller sells you something that doesn't function as it's intended, they should be forced to either fix the problem or repurchase the item. In my country such issues are regulated by law; how does it work in Hungary?

The store dont have another copy of the game, so thats why they dont offer a solution, they contacted DoW, but the publisher dont answer them yet. But i know what will DoW answer for the request: "We dont have replacement dice, sorry." Thats the answer i get from DoW too, and they call this: customer service... So my best bet is some kind of a refund from the store, but how much is worth a single dice? And if i get some money back, that dont solve the issue.

Well Hungary is a bit of wonderland so i dont want to step on the law road.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John W
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a fairly easy replacement, or way to work around the die in-game:

Simply roll one of the other dice an extra time.
Once one die is an Ankh, just replace it with some token to represent that, and now you have all 4 dice to roll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
n s
Hungary
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, i know that, but im purchase a game to play, not to find a way to solve an issue caused by a damaged component, because the company who made the game is refuse to replace it. I can replace that die with a d6 calling the 1 or 6 side ankh, the real problem is how DoW handles the complaint and the cutomers...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven F.
Sweden
Västra Götaland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
kisnord wrote:
Yeah, i know that, but im purchase a game to play, not to find a way to solve an issue caused by a damaged component, because the company who made the game is refuse to replace it. I can replace that die with a d6 calling the 1 or 6 side ankh, the real problem is how DoW handles the complaint and the cutomers...

The more I think about it, the more I come to the conclusion that as Hungary is a modern country, member of the EU and everything, there definitely ought to be a "consumers rights" law, stating that if somebody sells you an item that doesn't function as it was supposed to do, then you are allowed to hand it back to the seller and get the payment back. It would be unworthy a civilized country not to have such a law.

That is, you should have been able to, from the beginning, walk back to the seller and stating what was wrong. What response he gets from Days of Wonder is then not your problem but the retailer's. Of course I agree with you that DoW should be able to send you that replacement die, but you didn't buy the game from DoW, but rather from the local salesman.

(This really feels strange, discussing possible Hungarian laws with a Hungarian, but as I know how little many Swedes know of Swedish laws, especially when it comes to consumers rights, I felt I had to point at the issue again. )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's an unfortunate situation, but ultimately no one is to blame for it.

The store sold a sealed copy of a game, there's no way they could know that the contents were damaged. They did nothing wrong. Standard procedure for games is for a game manufacturer to replace parts, since they were the ones to screw up, not the retailer.

In this case, the game has been out of print for years, so Days of Wonders has no replacement part. Again, that's reasonable, they can't be expected to have an infinite supply of replacement parts for games they don't sell any more.

Ultimately, it's a danger associated with buying an old game that's been sitting on the shelf for years. As a buyer, they should know part replacements are going to be impossible on this purchase, and they should know/ask the store what their policy is should there be a problem.

Personally, if it were my store, I'd give the customer a tiny credit off a future purchase since the issue is so minor and easily worked around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.