Popular Tags: [View All]
David Murray
United Kingdom
Driffield
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Combat Patrol is no longer in production. I have no plans to have this game produced. I have asked for this page to be deleted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Douglas
Australia
Flynn
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sad to hear this, but it is good to have a definitive answer. A special "boo" to owed to Compass games for not having communication skills during the time it was being worked on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Art Bugorski
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TrotskyTrotsky wrote:
Combat Patrol is no longer in production. I have no plans to have this game produced. I have asked for this page to be deleted.

Can you at least make it a print & play? I mean I read the play through and it sounds awesome and actually what I have been waiting years for: a game that plays like a (realistic) movie. It'd be a shame for it to disappear completely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Riverton
UT
flag msg tools
designer
If given the option, I would prefer to play with the green pieces, please.
badge
I have two new 9 Card Games: 300 Spartans and Franky's 1st Christmas
mbmbmbmbmb
I enjoyed this when we were play testing it long ago. I'd love to see it released as PNP as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Art Bugorski
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It might surprise you what the community might be able to
come up with and finish the missing areas. Scrnarios, balance, rulebook writing, and adding missing units and weapons that is community doable. Its the initial inspiration that is more singular and irreplacable and the more material you start eoth the easier to get the ball rolling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Douglas
Australia
Flynn
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If print and play was an option, I'll be posting for a quote here immediately:

P&P Productions - Want a quote?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Art Bugorski
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
...and if maps are lacking I'm sure we could build maps inspired by FPSes. DOD:A Avalanche comes to mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Schaller
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Really sad to hear this.

Have you considered Victory Point Games? They're a print on demeand company who I'm sure would do an excellent job with your game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cox
United States
Sugar Land
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Is the gentleman with the BroStache invited to this party?
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. Just...Wow.

I can't believe this.

In the past 3 1/2 years, I got in to Wargaming and then got out of Wargaming (due to kids and stuff), but this game was always going to to be an instant purchase for me.

David, I don't know what it was like working with Compass Games, but it sounds like it was a huge headache to say the least.

Honestly, I had never heard of Compass Games before discovering Combat Patrol (and I'll probably never hear from them again judging from their handling of this potentially awesome game). I'm not sure why you chose to go through Compass Games, but I sincerely hope you reconsider shelving Combat Patrol.

People above have suggested releasing rules, maps, etc for Print and Play, and there was a good suggestion of going through Victory Point Games, both great choices.

But I sincerely suggest that you consider trying to publish Combat Patrol through GMT Games. I don't know if you've tried to contact them or not (I believe I suggested this in a previous post months/years ago), but it's a good company. They publish wargames. They don't jerk people around. Heck, they published Fields of Fire. It's a solitaire wargame with horribly written rules that turned out to be awesome, so they kept at it and put out a better rules set, and a second game.

GMT has loyal customers, great customer service, excellent component quality, and really good game developers. Here is their contact page.

If you're too burnt out on Game Publishers, I'm sure any one of the good folks on these message boards would be happy to contact GMT on your behalf to try to get the ball rolling. Just say the word.

Trust me, Combat Patrol has 3 pages of forum posts on BGG and forum activity 6 years after it was first mentioned despite not having any product to play with. That's more traction than half the games GMT puts on their P500 pre-order system.

Once again, I'm sad to hear this, but I'm still not giving up hope.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hidden Among the Leaves
Greece
Heraklion
Crete
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Dammit.... That is bad to hear. I had really big expectations about this game.

Could you perhaps publish it with another company? If not what about print and play?

M.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hernan Ruiz Camauer
Argentina
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Bummer. I've had my eye on this game for years.

If you opt to release it as a PNP game, perhaps you would also consider allowing a virtual tabletop version (as you did with Pioneer in Peril)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Siegel
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
An unfortunate situation. I, too, was looking forward to this to be released and fill that Ambush void.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Four crazy kids and happy as a clam!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
mbmbmbmbmb
7times7is49 wrote:
An unfortunate situation. I, too, was looking forward to this to be released and fill that Ambush void.

Amen. Man-to-man is just so cool. Really saddened by this news.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
John Coltrane - Both Directions At Once: The Lost Album
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fuzzydice82 wrote:
David, I don't know what it was like working with Compass Games, but it sounds like it was a huge headache to say the least.

Honestly, I had never heard of Compass Games before discovering Combat Patrol (and I'll probably never hear from them again judging from their handling of this potentially awesome game). I'm not sure why you chose to go through Compass Games, but I sincerely hope you reconsider shelving Combat Patrol.

I don't know the story about this particular project, but I do know that Compass Games has done some very good work. I own a number of their games, and follow them closely on ConsimWorld. I even posted a thread here to inform BGGers about a wonderful historical series that runs daily in the CSW folders for two of their games: World War II History - 70 Years Ago Today

I'm certainly not saying anything against this designer, and I repeat that I know nothing about the history of his project, but Compass Games has my respect as one of the top publishers of wargames today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Martin
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's too bad. I was really looking forward to this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Douglas
Australia
Flynn
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fuzzydice82 wrote:
Trust me, Combat Patrol has 3 pages of forum posts on BGG and forum activity 6 years after it was first mentioned despite not having any product to play with. That's more traction than half the games GMT puts on their P500 pre-order system.

I remember that there was a number of pages of forum activity on the ConsimWorld forum, but from what I can see I think the Combat Patrol game forum was deleted recently there too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Art Bugorski
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or even KickStarter. This is too cool to go away and its an unserved nice. I can't think of another man-level hex game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Gautier

Rhinebeck
New York
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AngryStarAnarchy wrote:
Or even KickStarter. This is too cool to go away and its an unserved nice. I can't think of another man-level hex game.

Sniper! (first edition)
Patrol!
Ambush!
Ambush! Move Out!
Ambush! Purple Heart
Ambush! Silver Star
Battle Hymn
Battle Hymn: Leatherneck
StarSoldier: Tactical Warfare in the 25th Century
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben Rigillo
Italy
Roma
Rm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AngryStarAnarchy wrote:

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/39025/man-man-wargames-fea...?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Desalvo
Italy
Country side area north of Rome
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a feder-allergic and I blame the Klingon for not having smashed the Federation in time to save us from Star Trek serials.
mbmbmbmbmb
TrotskyTrotsky wrote:

And it has no image up loaded for it here on BGG. Can you up load at least one image, so as we have at least a representative image?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Douglas
Australia
Flynn
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's plenty of images in the AAR posts, but I guess David starting removing content off the game page. (He has asked for the game to be deleted)

Is there anything we in the community can do for you David? Is there any remote option that we can contribute to help Combat Patrol be revived?

(ever hopeful whistle )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Art Bugorski
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wile wrote:
Is there anything we in the community can do for you David? Is there any remote option that we can contribute to help Combat Patrol be revived?

I get the sense this is more the result of frustration, than something more premeditated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Murray
United Kingdom
Driffield
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone, thanks for taking the time to comment.

I have no plans to do anything with Combat Patrol. There are plenty of games out there and I do not have the inclination to put the game together as a print and play (maybe in the future but not now).

I never intended for Combat Patrol to be published, I was approached by Compass directly and they asked if they could. As I have no strong desire to publish it, for me, it is now a defunct project.

I will continue to delete the content from this page until BGG get around to deleting it.

Thanks for all the support - happy gaming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Desalvo
Italy
Country side area north of Rome
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a feder-allergic and I blame the Klingon for not having smashed the Federation in time to save us from Star Trek serials.
mbmbmbmbmb
TrotskyTrotsky wrote:
Hi everyone, thanks for taking the time to comment.

I have no plans to do anything with Combat Patrol. There are plenty of games out there and I do not have the inclination to put the game together as a print and play (maybe in the future but not now).

I never intended for Combat Patrol to be published, I was approached by Compass directly and they asked if they could. As I have no strong desire to publish it, for me, it is now a defunct project.

I will continue to delete the content from this page until BGG get around to deleting it.

Thanks for all the support - happy gaming.

The game existed, so to delete a game from the BGG database is not a good thing. I consider my right to know that a game existed.

These are my 2 cents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Aguilar
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A REAL shame. This looked like a really good game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.