Popular Tags: [View All]
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rulebook says to do the following in order when Barbarian Spawn event happens:

1. If possible, place a Barbarian settlement and a Barbarian together on an empty (no units/cities), non-Barren Land space within 2 spaces of one of your cities.

2. Place a Barbarian unit in a Barbarian settlement of your choice (including the new settlement).

Now, heres the question:

What does the 'and a Barbarian together' part mean in point 1. Does it mean to place a settlement and a Barbarian unit in that single city?

And where should the Barbarian unit be placed in step 2, does it imply that I can place the Barbarian unit in ANY city on the map, including one that is further away than 2 distance from my cities?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grossman
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slashdoctor wrote:

What does the 'and a Barbarian together' part mean in point 1. Does it mean to place a settlement and a Barbarian unit in that single city?

Yes. Place the barbarian in the barbarian settlement that you just placed.

Quote:
And where should the Barbarian unit be placed in step 2, does it imply that I can place the Barbarian unit in ANY city on the map, including one that is further away than 2 distance from my cities?

Place the barbarian in any barbarian settlement (obeying stacking limits).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ireland
Dublin 14
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Yes you place a unit in the barbarian settlement within 2 spaces of your city

2) Yes you can add the extra barbarian to any existing barbarian settlement provided you don't exceed the stacking limit of 4

Note it is not always a good idea to put that barbarian near your opponents. Some military objectives can be completed by fighting barbarians but you usually need at least 2 barbarians defending it. The other down side is that you encourage your opponents to build armies which you may find coming towards you later in the game.

The expansion mixes it up as the barbarians units can be cavalry or elephants, your choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.