Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
A fan of new Knizia games
mbmbmbmbmb
Trying to get my head around the CIA card ... so it's basically take $1 and take another action. So you can claim CIA, then immediately ...

- Coup (nice, if you were on $6)
- take more Income
- or any of the other four roles in the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico Robbemont
Belgium
Hoogstraten
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct!

Isn't it wonderfull
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
A fan of new Knizia games
mbmbmbmbmb
NicoR wrote:
Correct!

Isn't it wonderfull

It does make one wonder, yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes
Yes yes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If you get challenged successfully on an additional action, do you still resolve the 'take 1 money' part of CIA?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Hunt
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, because that's part of the CIA action which has not been successfully challenged.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirov Ever
msg tools
eldaec wrote:
If you get challenged successfully on an additional action, do you still resolve the 'take 1 money' part of CIA?

Interesting. It seems that the CIA role only allows you to claim an additional role which you have. So you need that additional role.

I used to think that the CIA role allowed you to claim ANY OF THE OTHER FOUR roles. But I did not know you could be challenged on that additional role.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Hunt
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cyampagn wrote:
eldaec wrote:

Interesting. It seems that the CIA role only allows you to claim an additional role which you have. So you need that additional role.

I used to think that the CIA role allowed you to claim ANY OF THE OTHER FOUR roles. But I did not know you could be challenged on that additional role.

You do not need the additional role you claim. You can claim any of the four other roles, and be challenged on that claim as normal.

The CIA role allows you to take $1, and then take an additional whole turn, with the restriction that the second turn cannot be claiming the CIA role.

All the other rules of the game apply to that second turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.