Subject: Anyone willing to part with their X deck? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Brie
Romania
Cluj-Napoca
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello. Just read some posts in BG and wanted to ask if anyone is willing to part with their X deck? I am searching for this deck for some time now and the only variants I found are in Italian and German.
Need English version.
I only have room for this deck in my box since all my cm3 are literally filled tight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Brown
United Kingdom
Bicester
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a copy you can have.

What are you offering?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rollo Tomosi
United States
San Juan Capistrano
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a copy too-not sure if I really want to part with it-but you know what they say-every man has a price.

PS If I recall correctly-the X-Deck is a 'stand-alone' expansion and does NOT come with the "All the Goodies" expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm 90% sure the English X-deck comes (only) with 'The Goodies' except where it has been broken out. I think German versions are still available from Lookout.

There was a copy of 'the goodies' in the European MT http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/181531/item/3543796#item35... and it could be for sale. Obviously you get the O and Cz decks too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Boomhower
United States
Fairfield
VT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dark_Knight wrote:
I have a copy too-not sure if I really want to part with it-but you know what they say-every man has a price.

PS If I recall correctly-the X-Deck is a 'stand-alone' expansion and does NOT come with the "All the Goodies" expansion.

Can confirm X-Deck came with Goodies expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Brie
Romania
Cluj-Napoca
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dark_Knight wrote:

Yes, it's about how much some will pay for this. That is the real value of this product. If you don't want to "expose" what "small fortune" you want for this you can always write a message.surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Brie
Romania
Cluj-Napoca
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@ enoon & J Boomhower:

The X-Deck is now as stand alone as any expansions out there. Initially was released only with "The Goodies", but nowadays it can be found separately since many, many players didn't like it and got it only as an extra with the meeples and boards plus the other more consistent decks in "The Goodies". They even have the X-Deck sealed as new.

My problem is that it's the ONLY deck that I can still fit in my box and than it's 100% full.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
danielbrie wrote:
The X-Deck is now as stand alone as any expansions out there. Initially was released only with "The Goodies", but nowadays it can be found separately

Actually the X-Deck pre-dated The Goodies by two years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Brie
Romania
Cluj-Napoca
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Karlsen wrote:
Actually the X-Deck pre-dated The Goodies by two years.

I know this for the German version, but didn't know for the English one.
Even Hanno gave the blessings laugh. Thanks

BTW: At the time the X-Deck was released with Spielbox the only version released was the German language one because then, they didn't have the English option for the magazine itself. Am I right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
The English one was definitely out way before the Goodies. The English one may have been released later than the German one (Hanno could certainly confirm), but I had copies of it at BGG.CON 2008 or 2009 (I forget which).

Yes, I believe you are correct that the English version of Spielbox was later than the X-Deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Brie
Romania
Cluj-Napoca
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have some questions for some of you that have the X-Deck.

For English version only
Is the deck coming in it's own tuckbox like "The legen*dairy - Deck" or just shrinkwrapped?
Does it come with it's own rule sheet, it is included in the rulesheet of the "Goodies" or other way?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Brie
Romania
Cluj-Napoca
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK. Nobody answered. In the meanwhile, I managed to get hold of one, thanks to Robin Brown. Thanks mate.

This post can be used be anyone is searching for X-Deck and willing to buy or trade it.

I want to add some questions:

If the English version of the X-Deck came out way before The Goodies were released, how were the English rules distributed?
I don't know if Hanno or Fraser are reading this and can reply.
If anyone got hold of the X-Deck before it was released in goodies maybe can answer to this and the above posts questions.

We're such a great community. Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hanno Girke
Germany
Schwabenheim an der Selz
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
danielbrie wrote:

I want to add some questions:

If the English version of the X-Deck came out way before The Goodies were released, how were the English rules distributed?
I don't know if Hanno or Fraser are reading this and can reply.

The X deck was released 2 years before the Goodies. It was shrink-wrapped (like the CZ deck, Ö deck and others), and the rules were printed on one sheet; also available for download from Lookout's internet page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Brie
Romania
Cluj-Napoca
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Hanno for the reply. It answered my questions.
Were the rules re edited especially for the Goodies?
I ask this because the X-Deck and the Forest-Deck have references to Australians and other rule variants don't. Are those regionalized versions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
danielbrie wrote:
Thank you Hanno for the reply. It answered my questions.
Were the rules re edited especially for the Goodies?
I ask this because the X-Deck and the Forest-Deck have references to Australians and other rule variants don't. Are those regionalized versions?

Contribution and lack of contribution respectively from memory whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.