Subject: App problems rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Farrell
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
How exactly do I get the timer to start?? It shows the time on my screen but it doesnt go down or anything just stays at 2 minutes. Anyone know??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
youtube.com/neatozen
badge
follow me on twitter: @zenxacred
mbmbmbmbmb
have you hit the play button underneath that? it starts the timer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Huff
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the same issue. The app's developer said this in another thread:

DallasDesigner wrote:
Howdy,

I'm the app's developer - thanks for the report + screenshot. I'll try to reproduce the issue. I think your screen size is just large enough for it to kick up to the 10" mode. That's the joy of Android having hundreds of specs.

Will be submitting out version 1.0.1 very soon; either tonight or tomorrow night.

So essentially the issue for some is the button is off screen so we cannot see it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Franklin
United States
Vale
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't even get into a round with the app. I can add players, set the time limit, but that's it. There's no other icon on my screen to start a round, and when I try to scroll up, the screen won't scroll far enough. For that matter, if I go into any tab, I am stuck there because there's no "back" icon on my screen. Hopefully the app is fixed soon, seems neat. Completely unusable for me as of now.

I'm using an iPhone 5c.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Sellers
United States
Franklin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Try again later!
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't even get the sound to play through the speakers - all sound is directed through the earpiece...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad B
United States
Anderson
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Laladien wrote:
I can't even get the sound to play through the speakers - all sound is directed through the earpiece...

The developer has been notified of this issue as well. Hopefully it'll be sorted out in an upcoming patch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Call
United States
Pocatello
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Something appears to be wrong with the scoring system. It does not add people's food bonuses (most apples, second-most cheese, etc) to players' final scores. It also does not ask about any contraband and it does not add up the points earned from regular goods. I just endlessly loop through tallying food stuff with no addition or score calculation occurring. Anyone else experience this problem?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Masters
England
flag msg tools
#!STRING_NOT_FOUND!#
badge
SON OF A BITCH MUST PAY
mbmbmbmbmb
The card bonuses seem to work ok for me, but you make a good point about contraband not being included.

As there isn't a bonus for contraband smuggled onto your merchant stand I guess you could always just add the value of the contraband to your gold coins tally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
talusproteus wrote:
Something appears to be wrong with the scoring system. It does not add people's food bonuses (most apples, second-most cheese, etc) to players' final scores. It also does not ask about any contraband and it does not add up the points earned from regular goods. I just endlessly loop through tallying food stuff with no addition or score calculation occurring. Anyone else experience this problem?
Yes, this. Also, the app should work in "normal" orientation but it doesn't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Monte Bingham
United States
Tomball
TX Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
App is still unusable for me as well. Using iPhone 4S. Anyone else having these problems or have a fix? I get to the screen where you put in player names, but I never get an option to move forward. I know it's free, but it's still frustrating.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Monte Bingham
United States
Tomball
TX Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
App is still unusable for me as well. Using iPhone 4S. Anyone else having these problems or have a fix? I get to the screen where you put in player names, but I never get an option to move forward. I know it's free, but it's still frustrating.

Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It took me a while to get how it works: on the right you will see three hiphens. Click on that and SCROLL DOWN! Then you will have the option of adding a name.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Franklin
United States
Vale
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bolerochi wrote:

Thoughts?

I have the exact same issue. I can input player names and select round time, but there is absolutely no way to start the game. Or even to go back or do anything besides stay on the character name screen, once I'm there. Using an iPhone 5c.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Gill
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Version 1.1.0 hit iTunes on 11/24 and Android several days prior. It includes fixes for people getting "stuck" on the timer on some devices because the "Play" button to start the timer is off the screen.

It also includes revised scoring that includes all special/promo commodities, minus Arcane Scrolls. Arcane Scrolls will be added in 1.1.1 sometime next week.

Sound issues on iOS will be fixed in 1.1.1. They should already be fixed for Android in 1.1.0.

@monte & @trevor - I'm not sure what issue you're describing. Once you enter 3 or more players, you should be able to press the "Timer" button in the top right corner of the navigation bar. If not, please let me know. (A screen shot would be a huge help. Press HOME + Power on iPhone to take a screenshot) Also, make sure you have version 1.1.0. Meanwhile, I'll try emulating it on a 5c and try to reproduce the issue.

Thanks everyone for your feedback and patience!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Franklin
United States
Vale
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Anthony,
I deleted my app and downloaded it again just now from the App Store (so I assume it must be the 1.1 version). As shown in the screen grab, there is no begin button. The time limit is the topmost item on the screen, no matter how much I try to scroll up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Franklin
United States
Vale
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I should note, that screen grab was taken with me forcing the screen to scroll up. It bounces back to this view:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Franklin
United States
Vale
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, noticed one more thing which may be helpful. There are the "begin" and "back" icons at the top of the screen until I touch any of the other icons (adding players or setting time limit). Once I make any changes, the begin and back icons disappear. Unfortunately, you can't start a round without adding players, so there's no way to start. Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Gill
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a ton for the screenshots - I never would have guessed this one. I hope I can reproduce it.

Does it happen on any other page, like under Settings (the wrench icon) from the main menu, or any of the child pages like Credits, Edit Players, etc?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Franklin
United States
Vale
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just checked: yes, other pages have the same issue. Once I scroll down or change any settings, the page won't scroll all the way back up. So you end up not being able to go back or move forward. Here are two examples, showing as far up as I can see on the screen without it "bouncing" back down to this view. In both cases, it looked fine until I scrolled down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Monte Bingham
United States
Tomball
TX Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Anthony,

Trevor's problem is exactly what I am experiencing.

Anthony, thanks for trying to troubleshoot this.

And kudos to Trevor for doing an excellent job of documenting what we are seeing.

Keep us posted!

FranklinT wrote:
I should note, that screen grab was taken with me forcing the screen to scroll up. It bounces back to this view:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Gill
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, thanks Trevor (and Monte). I've actually seen this happen once, and then it 'stopped happening'. Hopefully I'll be able to reproduce it on the emulator, or on my wife's iPhone 5 (regular). If not, would you be willing to guinea pig a beta versions of 1.1.1 and let me know if I blindly hit the target?

Thanks,
- Anthony

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Franklin
United States
Vale
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Anthony,
I'd be willing to try it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Rob
United States
Belpre
Ohio
flag msg tools
Games need more Orange!
badge
I'm bigger than you, no, really, I probably am...
mbmbmbmbmb
We're having sound issues on our android, where the sound stops and never comes back for the duration of the game. We also get very sluggish start buttons for the timer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
I seem to not be able to get the ambient sounds when running the app. I have maxed the ambient volume but nothing. The voices are okay - apart from me not being able to choose the naughty ones

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael van der Zande
Netherlands
Wateringen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No ambient sounds for me either on ipad
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.