Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Jachimowicz
United States
Millersville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up Ogre DE on an impulse buy at my 'local' FLGS. The punchboards for all the vehicles were not in the box, but rather slipped inside the shrink wrap which had been carefully slit to accommodate them. All the sheets are packaged in two bundles, still shrinkwrapped themselves. On opening the box, I don't see how the punchboards could have been put in the box in the first place.

So, the punchboards weren't in the box and the box was still sealed. What they heck did I buy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Price
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
It is pitch black.
badge
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
mbmbmbmbmb
toomanyminis wrote:
I picked up Ogre DE on an impulse buy at my 'local' FLGS. The punchboards for all the vehicles were not in the box, but rather slipped inside the shrink wrap which had been carefully slit to accommodate them. All the sheets are packaged in two bundles, still shrinkwrapped themselves. On opening the box, I don't see how the punchboards could have been put in the box in the first place.

So, the punchboards weren't in the box and the box was still sealed. What they heck did I buy?

They were never in the box for anybody. The Ogre box was packed in individual brown cardboard boxes and that's how pretty much everybody got it, unless it was opened by a retailer. The counter sheets were always packed on the outside of the printed box. Your retailer slipped them into the shrink, but otherwise it sounds like you got what we all did.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Nguyen
United States
Chantilly
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
6 out of 7 dwarfs are not Happy
mbmbmb
That's how mine came also (additionally inside a large brown box as described above).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Jachimowicz
United States
Millersville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
puzzlemonkey wrote:
toomanyminis wrote:

They were never in the box for anybody. The Ogre box was packed in individual brown cardboard boxes and that's how pretty much everybody got it, unless it was opened by a retailer. The counter sheets were always packed on the outside of the printed box. Your retailer slipped them into the shrink, but otherwise it sounds like you got what we all did.

Thank you! Helpful to know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Ellis
United States
Concord
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can check the Checklist in this thread to be certain you have everything that comes with ODE (summary, 32 counter sheets for the non-kickstarter version). But like everyone else said, the counters are always packed outside the box, so that the box lid closes once they're punched and placed inside. The map boards (8 half green GEV maps, 2 half orange Ogre maps) and the dice (2 red, 2 blue) are under the "Ogre Garages" in the lower section of the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.