Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Meredith Martini
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Saw a bad scan of the Target ad for Black Friday, it looks like Ticket to Ride, Settlers of Catan and King of Tokyo will all be $32. Hopefully that's accurate, I have a few nephews who want KoT! laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris X

Texas
msg tools
You can head in to Target and get King of Tokyo right now for $29.96. Price match from Amazon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/03/28
mbmbmbmbmb
Gonzai wrote:
Saw a bad scan of the Target ad for Black Friday, it looks like Ticket to Ride, Settlers of Catan and King of Tokyo will all be $32. Hopefully that's accurate, I have a few nephews who want KoT! laugh

King of Tokyo? Or do you mean King of New York? If it is KoT, you can beat that price right now at Amazon ($30 prime/FSSS).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Guida
United States
Gwynn Oak
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From the printed ad they are selling "classic" games for 50% off and show games like Blokus, Monopoly, Telestrations, Apples to Apples, and then some mass market stuff. Going by that I would expect to see King of Tokyo for 50% off, I will be amazed and impressed if they sell King of New York at 50% off right out the gate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron H
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Target has actually released the ad. Here it is:

http://www.theblackfriday.com/target-blackfriday.shtml
or even here:
http://www.target.com/c/target-black-friday/-/N-5q0f2

Sale games are:
9.99:
Telestrations
Apples to Apples
Tapple
Eye Found It
Blokus
Monopoly

32:
Catan
King of Tokyo
Ticket to Ride
Some pokemon pack

I am not certain of these things at all, but my suspicion is that there will be other sales, but likely on the more traditional or kids games. Does everything on sale end up in the ad?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Alcantara
msg tools
mbmb
slackercs wrote:
You can head in to Target and get King of Tokyo right now for $29.96. Price match from Amazon.

Plus 15% off with the Cartwheel App
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Roy
United States
Woodside
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
$32 doesnt really make my dogs bark!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Kolb
United States
Highland Park
NJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aharown wrote:
Target has actually released the ad. Here it is:

http://www.theblackfriday.com/target-blackfriday.shtml
or even here:
http://www.target.com/c/target-black-friday/-/N-5q0f2

Sale games are:
9.99:
Telestrations
Apples to Apples
Tapple
Eye Found It
Blokus
Monopoly

32:
Catan
King of Tokyo
Ticket to Ride
Some pokemon pack

I am not certain of these things at all, but my suspicion is that there will be other sales, but likely on the more traditional or kids games. Does everything on sale end up in the ad?

These deals don't exactly bring all the boys to the yard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Gallagher
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tapple for $10 is a nice buy though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Raciborski
United States
Newport News
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slackercs wrote:

So how does this work, Amazon price + shipping = Target price? What if you have Prime, Amazon = Target? I can understand a hard copy printed circular, but an Online only retailer?

" For printed ads: please show us the entire printed advertisement. Photos, photocopies, or mobile phone versions of the ad cannot be accepted as verification of a competitor’s printed ad.
For online prices: please show us your mobile device or a printout from a qualifying competitor’s website or Target.com.  A Target team member will then verify the match using a Target device."

Given Amazon's nanosecond love of posting a low price then bumping it back up, or we just had 5 copies sale, that "A Target team member will then verify the match using a Target device." just might be a tough act.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Cottrell
United States
Spring Hill
FL - Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Was just at Target last night (in Florida) and all their strategy games were $7-10 off except TTR, TTEU and Catan. My daughter and I picked up Alchemist for $28 (not the new Alchemits everyone is raving about, the lighter one).

They had SOA, King of Tokyo, Firefly, D&D Start Set and a couple others marked down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc S
United States
Collegeville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyC1971 wrote:
Was just at Target last night (in Florida) and all their strategy games were $7-10 off except TTR, TTEU and Catan. My daughter and I picked up Alchemist for $28 (not the new Alchemits everyone is raving about, the lighter one).

They had SOA, King of Tokyo, Firefly, D&D Start Set and a couple others marked down.

Yeah, I saw this too, although I believe Catan was on temporary price cut as well for $38. I was tempted to pick up Sons of Anarchy: Men of Mayhem at $40 for my wife in attempts to cross her over (she likes the show and hates "geeky" board games), but it looks like it's still cheaper to price match Amazon at $35. It seems like most other games fall into this category as well.

Someone mentioned that the Target Cartwheel app offers a 10% off coupon for Catan (expires soon) which would bring the price below Amazon if you can find Catan on sale for $38. Target Cartwheel also has 10% off TTR and TTREU, but that will only bring them down to $45, and Cartwheel coupons are applied before price match, so not much use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris X

Texas
msg tools
danamark wrote:
slackercs wrote:

So how does this work, Amazon price + shipping = Target price? What if you have Prime, Amazon = Target? I can understand a hard copy printed circular, but an Online only retailer?

" For printed ads: please show us the entire printed advertisement. Photos, photocopies, or mobile phone versions of the ad cannot be accepted as verification of a competitor’s printed ad.
For online prices: please show us your mobile device or a printout from a qualifying competitor’s website or Target.com.  A Target team member will then verify the match using a Target device."

Given Amazon's nanosecond love of posting a low price then bumping it back up, or we just had 5 copies sale, that "A Target team member will then verify the match using a Target device." just might be a tough act.

No shipping cost involved. Amazon price = Target price. Only stuff sold by amazon, no "marketplace" items. Just take the game to the customer service desk and they'll adjust it for you. Depending on the effort the employee feels like putting forth they'll either look at the price on your phone or look it up on a tablet behind the counter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RollForTheGalaxy
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
burke4865 wrote:
From the printed ad they are selling "classic" games for 50% off and show games like Blokus, Monopoly, Telestrations, Apples to Apples, and then some mass market stuff. Going by that I would expect to see King of Tokyo for 50% off, I will be amazed and impressed if they sell King of New York at 50% off right out the gate.

What I saw this weekend was buy 1 game get 1 50% off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ultraconsumer
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aharown wrote:
Target has actually released the ad.

Sale games are:
9.99:
Telestrations
Apples to Apples
Tapple
Eye Found It
Blokus
Monopoly

32:
Catan
King of Tokyo
Ticket to Ride
Some pokemon pack

These deals don't really cook my bacon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Roy
United States
Woodside
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This sale doesn't really devil my eggs gulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kim
United States
Mukilteo
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will they ever get Zombicide season 1 in stock? Let me know if and when they ever do...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Fraz
United States
Spring Hill
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
These prices don't baste my turkey.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Stauffer
United States
Waxahachie
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This sale doesn't gibble my giblet... wait what?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Halsey
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This sale doesn't tug my wishbone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron H
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
TWrecks wrote:
This sale doesn't tug my wishbone.

+1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan W
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This sale doesn't fly my kite.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Fire
United States
Warwick
RI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This sale doesn't tickle me ivories.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This sale doesn't fluff my stuffing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesn't smurf my smurf either.

Pete (might have smurfed right there, but you'll never smurf)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.