Dan Mixer
United States
Brooksville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Link for the win!
mbmbmbmbmb
Kickstarted this with high hopes, and received a few of the promos, but never got the base game. No answer to my emails to company.

Almost 2015, so I'm putting this one in FAILED column of my kickstarter experiences. (I'm looking at you, Up Front)

I have got to pick and choose my kickstarter battles more carefully I guess. soblue

Anyone actually get everything they paid for with this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Nopa
United States
Addison
Texas [TX]
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I did.

The problem here is that they were shipping overseas with no tracking. So it's just up in the air as to when you will receive your package and who to contact about not receiving it.

If you keep trying, you'll be able to find someone who can point you in the right direction, but it's a bit more painful and involved than other experiences because the party at fault is a carrier...

You may want to blame it on the kickstarter, but really, it's not always the source company directly that's to blame. We're just as much reliant on the shipping companies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Ivanesei
Romania
Bucuresti
flag msg tools
I should buy less games
badge
Stop looking at my avatar!
mbmbmbmbmb
I got mine 3-4 weeks ago, if not longer. Yeah, got two packages, one for the expansion and one for the game in different days, but still got the game.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikos Hee
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Trying to find time to play...
mbmbmbmbmb
Icedanno wrote:
Kickstarted this with high hopes, and received a few of the promos, but never got the base game. No answer to my emails to company.
Try to send an email to support[at]artipiagames.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milena Guberinic
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Mina's Fresh Cardboard
mbmbmbmbmb
Icedanno wrote:

Almost 2015, so I'm putting this one in FAILED column of my kickstarter experiences. (I'm looking at you, Up Front)

I have got to pick and choose my kickstarter battles more carefully I guess. soblue

I received everything in several packages. It came in months ago. I hope you're able to retrieve all your items!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gordy
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know this is not what you wanted to hear, but I received everything on time (yes two packages within 2 days apart, but that does not bother me). From what I have read elsewhere, Atripia games has been fairly responsive to people with issues (unless you had an issue with the changed cubes, but that is for other threads).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They were unresponsive to email during Essen, so you may need try again. Don't bother contacting mage company, go direct to artipia. But I agree that overseas shipping with no tracking, not even an acknowledgement that any one person's packages shipped (let alone how many), is a terrible way to run this, and I probably won't back their next campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herbuin Rottenbelch
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was a bad experience for me too. I've received the base fame and both expansions pretty kick, but the rewards took more than 6 weeks to receive them!

The feedback from Artipia was terrible, their answers not helpful. Basically, it was "Wait the package". Then suddenly, an update on October 31th saying some rewards was not yet shipped!

Next campaign, I'll pass too. Too much trouble, and no info at all.

Great game, terrible service.

Plus the cube are totally differents from the previous campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Kokkinis
Greece
Athens
Attica
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.artipiagames.com
badge
A Thief's Fortune - 18 June 2018 on Kickstarter!
mbmbmbmbmb
InfoCynic wrote:
They were unresponsive to email during Essen, so you may need try again.

We have caught up with your pending emails weeks ago. Our response times are normal again. If someone doesn't receive a reply, there's probably some other problem there. Also, as you said, backers should contact us directly (not Mage Company). We mention that several times during each campaign. After the AtS campaign we've been running our campaigns using our own account so there's no more confusion there.

InfoCynic wrote:

Don't bother contacting mage company, go direct to artipia. But I agree that overseas shipping with no tracking, not even an acknowledgement that any one person's packages shipped (let alone how many), is a terrible way to run this

It is very rare for a package to get completely lost. If something goes wrong the package is returned to us. Almost all non-returning packages eventually get delivered. Our shipping service provider always ships the games out the next day which means they arrive at the country of destination in about 24 hours. Then it is up to each backer's local post office to sort and deliver the games in a timely manner.

Due to the very small number of lost packages it makes no sense for us to include tracking which significantly increases shipping costs. However we state in our campaign that if someone requires tracking, they can contact us to arrange that. It would of course cost more to do that.

We usually ship each game/expansion individually. This way, even if a package gets lost, all other packages sent to that backer would arrive safely. It also provide us with a way to ensure that a backer is being honest about not having received their order. Having a package lost is rare. Having more than one package lost.. well.. very rare. (unless of course there is a bigger problem like wrong address etc in which case the package will get returned to us anyway).

InfoCynic wrote:
and I probably won't back their next campaign.

Even if the next campaign does not include shipping at all ? whistle (did I reveal too much ?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Kokkinis
Greece
Athens
Attica
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.artipiagames.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Khork wrote:
It was a bad experience for me too. I've received the base fame and both expansions pretty kick, but the rewards took more than 6 weeks to receive them!

The feedback from Artipia was terrible, their answers not helpful. Basically, it was "Wait the package". Then suddenly, an update on October 31th saying some rewards was not yet shipped!

Next campaign, I'll pass too. Too much trouble, and no info at all.

Great game, terrible service.

Plus the cube are totally differents from the previous campaign.

Please allow me to say that you may be over-reacting here. As you mentioned, we delivered the games as promised. Not many companies do that on Kickstarter. We did delay with the extras of several backers because of Spiel 2014 combined with some supplier shortage on some of the items. Still there is a large number of companies on KS that delay delivery of their games (not just the extras) way more than 6 weeks.

Unfortunately dealing with campaign with 2500 backers is not an easy task. Artipia does fulfillment in-house. Several of those other companies simply give fulfillment to 3rd parties and still delay way more than we do (I'm still talking about the extras. We do not delay on the games' delivery). We work day and night to deliver on time and at least as far as actual games go, we are on time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Android or bust, but day 1 if you do!☺
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim O'Leary
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to say that my experience of this campaign has been excellent - especially compared with other campaigns (Queen Games!)

Hopefully New Dawn will be delivered as efficiently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Kokkinis
Greece
Athens
Attica
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.artipiagames.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Icedanno wrote:

At this point I have sufficient information to address the OP's message.

1) You have pledged for the $55 pledge level of our campaign that includes only the 2 expansions of the game.

2) In your survey, in the question "Please Let Us Know Which Items You Would Like To Receive In Addition To Your Pledge Level?" you said " Just pledge level"

3) You never asked for the base game nor sent us any payment for it.

For all those who ordered the $55 pledged level we of course assumed that they already own the base game. It would make no sense to ask all backers of the level " Do you also own the base game? If not you should order it as well".

To sum up, we shipped everything on time and you never ordered the base game from our campaign or otherwise. This is why you never receieved it.

We would kindly ask you to change the thread's title because it is misleading.

Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Konstantinos,

I contacted you guys a couple days ago through the Contact Us page on the Artipia site. Did you receive it or is that page not functionally working?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Kokkinis
Greece
Athens
Attica
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.artipiagames.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Khonnor wrote:
Hey Konstantinos,

I contacted you guys a couple days ago through the Contact Us page on the Artipia site. Did you receive it or is that page not functionally working?

I will be able to answer that on Monday which is when those who do customer support return
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Clements

Dallas
Georgia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We also received everything here in Atlanta in a timely manner a very satisfied.

We're very pleased with the game itself and the components, but yes, given that we were/are KS supporters it's weird that we never get any emails about anything from Atripia. Stretch goals just show upon the mail.

You'd think they would have a mailing list and offer updates and alert tontheir customers. Odd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The all-seeing, all-knowing, all-trollin' Mike Hutton
United States
moline
illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
no stretch rewards....and i got shorted all 20 energy cubes from the base game.....bastards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Loch
Australia
Yeronga
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I live in Australia I backed AtS with all expansions (but no extras such as extra boards or coins or such) and all arrived very quickly and in excellent condition.

I also backed New Dawn, it also arrived very quickly and in excellent condition. A friend got the ambassador minis for me and they have also arrived.

Great games, great kickstarters and a great company in my experience.

Keep it up

(not into digital games so may not be onboard for the next one by the sounds)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.