Subject: Build Suggestions Based Around "Reign of Supermen" Cyborg Superman rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Timothy
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cyborg Superman is one of my favorite villains and was partly the reason why I got into Heroclix. However, I have no idea how I would build a force around him in terms of theme/tactics.

Does anyone have any recommendations about this idea?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Schmitt
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, no clue. Just didn't want your post to get totally ignored.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan DeLano
United States
West Valley City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like I came around too late to answer this, but on the off chance that the OP is still around, I'll answer

First off, let's take a look at Cyborg Superman. For our purposes here, we'll just focus on the one from the Superman set, and not the REV Origin set.

Quote:
sm034 R Cyborg Superman
Team: Superman Enemy
Range: 6 :bolt:
Keywords: Coast City, Metropolis, Reign of the Supermen, Robot

(Special) Mental Backup: Give Cyborg Superman a free action and remove an object (held or not) within 6 squares from the map. Roll a d6 and heal Cyborg Superman equal to the half of that d6 roll.

(Damage) Total Machine Control: Give Cyborg Superman a free action to use Telekinesis, but only to move an object or attack with an object.

Now, both his trait and his special power interact with objects on the map. Normally, you can only bring 3 of your own to the table, but we now have a few characters that can create objects that Cyborg Superman can use to heal or toss at the enemy for free. Let's look at a couple of potential friends:

Quote:
jltw052 V Wonder Woman
Team: No Affiliation
Range: 0 :bolt:
Keywords: Amazon, Deity, Justice League, Trinity

(Special) A New Kind of Justice League: Adjacent friendly characters with a lower point value and the Justice League keyword can use Support. Friendly characters named Batman or Superman don't have to be adjacent or a lower point value.

(Special) Lasso of Truth: Adjacent opposing characters that have been hit by Wonder Woman since the beginning of your last turn can't use Outwit, Perplex, or Probability Control.

(Attack) Strongest Woman in the World: Wonder Woman can use Super Strength. If Wonder Woman isn't holding an object and is adjacent to a square of blocking terrain, you may give her a free action to destroy that square of blocking terrain. If you do, place a standard heavy object into that square.

(Damage) Deflected Bullets: When Wonder Woman is targeted by a ranged combat attack that misses, after actions resolve give the attacker an action token. If you can't, deal the attacker 1 unavoidable damage.

Quote:
m10a003 E Thing
Team: Fantastic Four
Range: 0 :bolt:
Keywords: Avengers, Brute, Celebrity, Fantastic Four, Soldier

(Damage) Lemme Grab Somethin': Thing can use Super Strength. Give Thing a move action when he has no action tokens and is not holding an object; after actions resolve, give him a standard light object from outside the game.

But perhaps the easiest way to give Cyborg Superman the fuel he needs is to give him or a super-strength-having friend the Rip It Up! Feat:

Quote:
RIP IT UP
Cost: 20
Prerequisite: Super Strength
Before a target character begins a move as part of a move, power, or
free action, give it a light object token from outside of the game.

That feat is great, but I don't know if I would give it to Cyborg Superman, because he only has Super Strength on 2 clicks.

If you wanted to form a Reign of the Supermen Theme Team, you can team him up with Eradicator and still have room for the Rip It Up Feat on Cyborg Supes:

Quote:
sm033 R Eradicator
Team: Superman Ally
Range: 7 :bolt:
Keywords: Coast City, Kryptonian, Metropolis, Reign of the Supermen, Robot

(Special) Reign of the Supermen: If a friendly character named Superman has been KO'd this game, modify Eradicator's combat values by +1 for the rest of the game.

(Defense) Kryptonian Clone, Computer Mind: Eradicator can use Super Senses and Toughness.

Cyborg Supes wouldn't give Eradicator any benefit for his Reign of the Supermen ability, but Eradicator is a big bad beatstick in his own right even without it. He has Steal Energy and Regeneration, combined with his defensive powers makes him a force to be reckoned with.

If you want to build up a nice 400 point force, you could team Eradicator and Cyborg Supes up with good ol Lex Luthor for a nice Metropolis theme team. There are a lot of Lex Luthor's to choose from, but I'll pick a great one for you

Quote:
fflod001 R Lex Luthor
Team: Calculator
Range: 6 :bolt:
Keywords: Celebrity, Injustice League, Legion of Doom, Metropolis, Scientist, Society

(Special) The Best Technology: Lex Luthor can use Stealth. Opposing characters using the Superman Ally team ability can't ignore hindering terrain when drawing a line of fire to a character within 4 squares of Lex Luthor.

(Damage) Smartest Man Alive: Lex Luthor can use Leadership, Outwit, and Perplex. When using Leadership and Mastermind, he is considered to be 200 points.

The obvious benefit of this one is that he allows you to use Leadership and Mastermind on both Eradicator and Cyborg Supes. He's also got Stealth and Pulse Wave, which is a great combo if you can get him positioned appropriately. Outwit also lets him take away those fancy special powers or defensive abilities that might prevent his two friends from dealing their full potential damage.

I hope these ideas helped you, or maybe someone else that had a similar question

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.