Subject: Looking for Artist - Booze Cube Amendments... . . . rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tragic TheBlathering
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
So, I finally about to printed out "The Booze Cube".

This is a entire custom set using the Magic: The Gathering rule set. With new keywords like BoozeTouch and other fun stuff. I have always wanted to print it out, but as I do not drink never really had a good excuse. Now I have befriended a new gamer who dose drink and thought it would make a cool Xmass present.

My only problem is that as of yet there are no "Lands" in the set, besides the special lands (like this one).

So I found a website with some custom magic cards and got some cool looking basic lands. Unfortunately they are not themed though to Booze Cube.

Anyway, I am just looking for someone artistic who may be interested in making a Cool "Back" I would prefer not to use the official MTG back if possible. I contacted the blog owner, but he never replied and Xmas is just around the corner. What ever I end up with (if I get help) will be emailed to his address for possible inclusion in BoozeCube v3.

So yeah.. I took his PDF files and got everything sized and ready for print at PinterStudio. It is pretty much ready to go I'll press print pretty soon..

unless... . .

Looking for Help

If you are artistic and wish to try making a BACK for the cards that is reminiscent of the MTG Official Backs, but themed for BoozeCube that would be beyond awesome.

The colour philosophy is described Here on the Official Blog if you need help.

Maybe something as simple as each colour being a different drinking glass or something instead of the normal magic symbols.. . .

Also,

Much lower priority, but it would be cool to have some basic land that is themed to the set. Maybe 2 or 3 for each colour.

Any help will be awesome!
--Tragic

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tragic TheBlathering
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
Ok, I have done my best... what do you guys think? There is 2 versions.. one with the mana symbols and one with out. Everything is just google image search plus the image schattentanz gave me. The mana symbols are some a custom art Ultra-Pro sleeve.

I have decided not to bother doing lands. I played around by having land cards be awesome looking bottles of coloured alcohol.

like ...

Still after reading the BoozeCube's creators "theory of how the colours relate to the spells" I thought that the land being a source of power still works. Swaps for dark and all that. So I am going with the custom land cards I linked originally.

Here are the two backs.. let me know what you think (these are low rez for posting. I have nice high rez versions for printing)

If your interested this is how it sits on the printer studio template

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.