Subject: Massive campaign game. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Len Constantine
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
My copy of OAO arrives tomorrow. I have Twilight in the East already. Can both games be played as a "super monster" game of the war in Northern/Central Europe? I understand a Serbian front(?) is going to be available later in the coming year, will it fit together with the other games?
Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Kreder
United States
Nuevo
California
flag msg tools
Founder of the The Wargame Bootcamp (https://www.boardgamegeek.com/guild/962)
badge
My hero Grumpy Bonaparte
mbmbmbmbmb
I am afraid they will not, the designer has said the systems (rules) and the components are different enough that he is going to at some future date redo 1914: Twilight in the East to conform to OaO and then you will, till then you will have to play separately or figure out how to combine them on your own.

I have played both games and enjoy them a lot they are worth the effort even if you cannot combine them. thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Smith
United States
Capitola
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zeotter wrote:
I am afraid they will not, the designer has said the systems (rules) and the components are different enough that he is going to at some future date redo 1914: Twilight in the East to conform to OaO and then you will, till then you will have to play separately or figure out how to combine them on your own.

If the designer plans to redo 1914: Twilight in the East to conform to OaO, then why bother offering a reprint of the original on the GMT p500?

I suppose some may prefer the original system to the OaO system, but I bet that there are others who have or are thinking about placing a p500 order for TITE who might prefer to wait until the revised version of TITE makes it to the p500.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Arve
Sweden
Stockholm
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The intention would seem to be to redesign the game to OaO standard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Lawson
United States
Rutland
Vermont
flag msg tools
Boston Redsox
badge
New England Patriots!
mbmbmbmbmb
JohanArve wrote:
The intention would seem to be to redesign the game to OaO standard.

That would be a shame. Having played both, TitE is a far better system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Borchers
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that 1914: TiTE is no longer up for preorder - not enough interest for a reprint. I don't know if there's any intent for the designer to re-make TiTE to the OaO standard, as TiTE seems to perform well as it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.